rssh

Safari 2.2 DICOR Launched (Now with Pics)

Its a new engine. The earlier 3.0 litre Dicor engine is based on the 407 engine which would explain the 3000rpm redline. The refinement on this engine wasnt great and its commercial vehicle roots made it unsuitable for passenger vehicle application.

The new one is lighter, is more powerful and promises to be more fuel efficient than the outgoing engine.

FRG

It can ,because they are in the same price range and most of the people i know were going for Travera instead of

Innova because it does not look good .Some have test Drove the new Tata and booked it.

I think the 2.2 L Safari is an excellent package.  This model may soon win a lot of hearts.  Hope the fuel efficiency is decent too.  I am keen on buying an MUV/SUV in the future, and suddenly the Safari looks attractive again.  Sorry about this, but FRG, what exactly are "follow-me-home" lights?  Wonder why they are called so, is it purely aesthetic?  Please bear my ignorance.

Jitz

The 3.0 litre Dicor production is stopped.

Follow me home headlights - The headlights turn on when you lock the car to illuminate the driveway. Only useful if you have a driveway which faces the main door of your house.

FRG

according to me if someone`s looking forward to buy a SUV then Pajero is the one. But the indian version is not that good. The foreign one`s are perfect ones.

Note From Admin: Please Refrain From Advertising On The Forum.
FuelRunGod2007-10-07 23:11:46

smiley17.gif hi good news is tata safari dicor loses weight ( 3.0 litre dicor > 2.2litre dicor) gains more power ,thats great  <  hope  the gear ratios are reworked and refined  any ist ride  info ?

I have observed, and many agree with me, that safari has a tendency to topple at high speeds around corners. Also this car has been spotted in many road accidents.

Would anyone from this forum tesity to it?

If this is the case, then has Tata done anything about it to the newer version or is it still unchanged?