rssh

Safari 2.2 DICOR Launched (Now with Pics)

There is no modern SuV even the hummer with can do serous off roading on rocky mountain. Only cars like the M&M Trax can do because they have more ground clearance , but safari can do better offroading in its segment.

Thats True for this Segment Safari is Better Known For Off Roading. But still it may not be the Best but ofcourse Best in its Segement for Sure even the Features you get will not be there in Gypsy or TRAX.

mndvishnu2007-10-13 20:07:34

Well atleast TATA have got so many features so that you you don't think paying 12lakhs is huge (VX).

Well for this amount one can buy the Civic ,Safari is for those who live in a joint family or can be used as a tourist vehicle.

Well for this amount one can buy the Civic ,Safari is for those who live in a joint family or can be used as a tourist vehicle.

A person who buys a Civic is totally different from a person who would buy a Safari. Most people who do buy the Safari know about the faults and niggles. People who buy the Civic want no nonsense motoring that is stylish, reliable and plus it comes with the Honda badge which has a good fan following.

FRG

hi   its still pains me the way  new tata safari interiors are ? its time i feel ratan tata should drive this safari & pull up the quality control  persons , my friend got the new 2.2 dicor its good but we ar trying  to reduce the ground clearence from 205 mm to 180mm by lowering the tyre aspect ratio , and 10mm spacers on both REAR  wheels so wider track at the rear .so minimum inetrference with suspension problems ,and  try a wider tyre at rear only or all four wheels , we are compromising on top end speeds  and will be quicker  0-100 kmph, may be less gear changes wthin city .any more ideas please ?

Where in India are you located Reddy? Are you sure its a good thing to be messing around with the suspension and that too on a brand new car?

You can't do much about the gear changes, you will need different ratios.

FRG
FuelRunGod2007-10-31 17:04:14

Yes Tata needs better refinements at almost all levels to get acceptability from Indian buyers. I am all for Tata becoming the best car maker in India but quality and refinement are their weak points. Hope Tata will work overtime to gain our confidence!

Where in India are you located Reddy? Are you sure its a good thing to be messing around with the suspension and that too on a brand new car?

You can't do much about the gear changes' date=' you will need different ratios.

FRG
[/quote']  hi sir iam from hyderabad,we had earlier worked on my tata sierra when launched there were problems with gear ratios , we had replaced the rear axle pinion of sierra with tata mobile pinion it worked well though sacrificed the top end speed , but solved the issue .safari is a great suv but always had problem of swaying rear end , and specially with new engine its got more power , leading to higher speeds & faster cornerings ,we will be hearing more accidents in safari ,like when sumo was launched in india there were more accidents  in sumos ,cause the drivers moved straight from open jeeps to closed  and faster and quicker sumos , hence the objective is to reduce height a bit and widen the stance at rear .

Nice videos, the Scorpio looked like a lame duck.  The driver probably underestimated the slippery character of grass.  But I'm sure it could have been better manouevered by a more experienced driver.  The Safari one was impressive but the engine seemed to be screaming out of wits, as was a fact with the earlier generation Safari, which was really underpowered.  The 2.2 Safari would be much better, but this is no match for the graceful off-roading capabilities of the Land Cruiser or the Land Rover.

Jitz

In the UK, one complaint about the Safari was that the Indian version had more goodies in it!  I don't know about other markets, but this was the case in the UK earlier.  They had only one variant with no options given. 

Jitz