unknownbullet

TATA Indigo

Please let me know

what is the difference between TATA Indigo CS and TATA Indigo LS

and what is the mileage of these cars in petrol version and also in diesel version

There is also one variant named Indigo Dicor what 's the differnce in the technology of Dicor in the same segment of TATA Indigo

Which variant has best performance and mileage ?

unknownbullet2008-11-09 09:11:44

CS is the world's shortest sedan. It is basically an Indigo with chopped boot and length under 4metres and it gains small car's excise benefit. Ls is a normal Indigo. The diffference in weight is around 25kg, so you an't expect a notable change in figures.

Dicor is nothing but a Common Rail Direct Injection engine.

Dicor has the best performance and mileage.

CS is too good & cheaper when compared to LS. Indigo CS LX Dicor (Top End) just cost around 5.8 Lakhs OnRoad - Chennai.

Mileage is decent & it gives around 14 in city & 20 in Highways [Reviews from Owners].

You can really buy CS & it is really a hot deal!!

Does the indigo cs perform good in the following factors?

- suspension, is it able to hide all those small bumps

- handling, is it smooth?

- soundproofing from external noise?

- robustness, does the built quality last after 2 years?

- forget the quality of plastics, overall are the interiors decent enough?

-yes, the comfort based suspension should hide those small bumps

-According to ACI, its handling is predictable and safe, but no fun can be had.

-No sound proofing. Very poor as the noise(esp. engine) are higher

-Build quality is poor on Tatas, Vista is better

-Interiors look a bit old and outdated(my opinion)

-yes' date=' the comfort based suspension should hide those small bumps

-According to ACI, its handling is predictable and safe, but no fun can be had.

-No sound proofing. Very poor as the noise(esp. engine) are higher

-Build quality is poor on Tatas, Vista is better

-Interiors look a bit old and outdated(my opinion)

[/quote']

thanks for the reply dude. I might take a test drive of the new vista soon. May be its the turning point, a milestone for the Tata

hey buddies,

I was not able check the forum last week due to work load. Now only checking this thread.

According to me, Indigo CS is far better in VFM, but you can't compare it with any other cars like swift of something else. These cars are a way ahead.

Last week, my friend got a Vista Quadrajet. Its quiet good in terms of interiors and performance. The heart it has is a proven one as all of you know. So, I'm able to get a decent performance. Though the quality of the dual tone interiors are not that stylish, We should agree that TATA has worked hard in improving the Quality of interiors. The interiors are decent enough for a Hatch in 5 lacs range.

And, you get loads of space as in all TATA cars. Which is something available only with TATA products.

Regarding the reliability terms, It still remains a questionmark and we have to wait for some time. Then only we ll be able to judge the reliability of Vista.

But, my personal opinion is, TATA is trying in overall improvement, So, reliability should've been improved in case of Vista

As it has been said that Indigo CS GLX can not be compared with SWIFT or I10 or VISTA  though their price range is same then what are the features where INDIGO is lagging behind these cars ,because after all it is a SEDAN and rest are in small cars category ,so would it not be better to buy a sedan in the same price range with power windows and central locking system.

unknownbullet, well firstly cant compare a sedan with hatchbacks but overall the i10/swift/vista are better on its peppyness, fun to drive for i10 and swift and better interior quality along with the plastics used. but this doesnt mean that indigo cs is not a good car. its one of the best selling sedan today. so if u feel goin for a sedan its a good option. along with the price it has.if space along with a small boot with some compromise on the quality is ok for u then go for it.its actually selling in big numbers.

i think CS is a good buy in this price range

but somehow i don't like the chopped boot

But in what features or performance Indigo is inferior to

i10' date='Vista or Swift

[/quote']

I think archit

is just telling that he didnot like chopped boot and he is not telling that CS is inferior to hatches.

Buddies,

Kindly take a note that Indigo CS is a very brilliant launch by TATA to make full use of the tax benefits for sub 4m cars..and its good that TATA has given those benefits to its customers rather than making more profit out of it..Indigo is a boon to people who want to own a Sedan at the price of a Hatch..

Personally, I like the CS since it looks much more better than the normal Indigo...

Go for it if you want a Sedan but having a budget for a Hatch alone...And, all of you know very well that how people will see you when you own a sedan...smiley1.gif