sumittechnocrat

Possible models of tata 1 lakh car !!!!

It is a small car for sure. 

People will buy it for the price, it will be people who are unable to afford anything else.

If tata can manage to get a milage that is affordable for the paupers, then this could be a huge success.

The first picture sure looks like a possibility as Ive seen it in a newspaper as well.  Hope Tata gets things right as the Indian consumer is more discerning now and there will be a lot of expectations even from a one lakh car.  The second hand market is a bargain and a lot of tried and tested goodies are available for about 1 lakh.  Tata is one manufacturer which knows the Indian market in and out and they have brought out very sensible projects like the Indica and even the Ace, which is a brilliant product.  The sales figures say it all.  Refinement or no refinement, a decent package will surely find buyers.  People wouldnt mind paying even 2 lakhs for a good car if it even comes close to the M 800 in terms of reliability and practicality. 

Jitz

yes eevn i would like to peek to see how the car is. i may also like to purchase this car as tertiary  car for mee or secondary.But i think the pictures are kept as secret for some reasons but in case you can share please do it soo that we  all can see this Wonderful piece!!! 

Sorry guys but 1-lakh car is none of the above. It looks fantastic and is far better than all these renderings.

how do you know that it's far better than those pictures ??? did you see the pics somewhere ??? if you did, it would be nice if u could share it with us.

Sorry guys but 1-lakh car is none of the above. It looks fantastic and is far better than all these renderings.

Thatz great! i hope you could share some of the pics if you got permission , also we hope our family has this as a scondary car ,

Regards,

Priya

The green one looks great like a golf caddie. I think its a golf caddie and place possibly Kerala? Sumit where did u get this pic from. I have a feeling that the first Tata product I'd buy is it's one lakh car. Sure looks cute and compact. The red one looks like the Zen Estilo.

Tech Details:

2007 Tata Indiva

Year

Make

Tata

Model

Indiva

Engine Location

Front

Drive Type

Front Wheel

Weight

2161 lbs | 980.2 kg

Engine  

Engine Configuration

S

Cylinders

Aspiration/Induction

Normal

Displacement

1405.00 cc | 85.7 cu in. | 1.4 L.

Horsepower

53.00 BHP (39 KW) @ 5000.00 RPM

Torque

63.00 Ft-Lbs (85.4 NM) @ 2500.00 RPM

HP to Weight Ratio

HP / Liter

37.9 BHP / Liter

Vehicles with similar horsepower and weight

Transmission Information

Gears

Transmission

Manual

Dimensions  

Seating Capacity

Exterior

Length

144.101 in | 3660.2 mm.

Width

64.001 in | 1625.6 mm.

Height

58.501 in | 1485.9 mm.

Wheelbase

94.501 in | 2400.3 mm.

Ground Clearance

6.701 in | 170.2 mm.

Vehicles with similar dimensions

That is not the 1 lakh car.. See the engine displacement? 1405 cc. The 1 lakh car can't carry such a big engine. An engine of around 650 cc might be propelling it.

This Indiva might easily be around 3.5 - 4.00 lakhs (base)...

Never mind... good info, anyway.

abhi these are not the models for the i lakh car i think this was the one of those cars which were launched in europe in 2003 any way it was a good work from you,

Regards,

Priya

The last two are not there for sure .The first picture can be a possibility to meet the safety norms.

I think the safety issue (front collision) comes more with the last model displayed.

The second model looks fantastic (personal) and what it needs is a lengthened body. The front end looks good enough to have decent cruble zones, so i doubt if safety issue will be problem with that model. The model looks real cooooolsmiley1.gif

As for the first, its most likely to be a 1Lakh car......but, what about the front end?...is it a front engine btw? ...... it looks small and it would feel like almost sitting in a mni with a Nose.

Also, the front windshield is just Toooooooooooooooooo Big. ne coconut or a bad shot from the next door Sachin or Dhoni.....and the customer will have to replace that BIG windshield. I wonder how much TATA inted to price that BIG piece of windshield.

tata already announced that, the 1 lakh car will be rear engined. this will reduce cost. but will affect weight distribution.

also the boot space will be minimum. hope tata will provide a small storage space at the font nose portion.