mndvishnu

Help Required!!

hello friends i need your help in helping my friend.

My friend here is from a village and he is looking for around rs 50000 on road price Bike(Karnataka) as i have least idea about the bikes its better you guys suggest the best one for him.

is it also suggestable for him for going for Second hand Old Maruti 800 or Old Fiat 1100 or new bike

Please suggest your ideas as soon as possible.

With a Budget of Rs. 50,000 and considering that it is meant to be ridden on village roads...   your friend can go for 100 cc bikes.

For 100 cc bikes, I would advice to go for the Hero Honda brand.

Your friend can choose between the CD Dawn, CD Deluxe..  both have reliable and trouble free engines. Cost will be under 50,000.

A new bike will prove to be more economical rather than going in for a second hand car.

The decision is upto your friend.

He can go for Discover 135 or a second hand car Like palio which will fetch him good discount . Car or bike depends on his requirement

In Bangalore, Discover 135 costs about 54K on road..

The new 125 cc Bajaj XCD is also another alternative and comes around 47K on road in Bangalore..

Yes i agree but its a good vfm and i dont think it would matter shelling 4k more. He could look at Discover125 also ,the new XCD may have good feature like digi instrumentation but it better to stick to tried and tested product.

Yes i agree but its a good vfm and i dont think it would matter shelling 4k more. He could look at Discover125 also ' date='the new XCD may have good feature like digi instrumentation but it better to stick to tried and tested product.[/quote']

Bajaj has stopeed production of the Discover 112 and Discover 125.

Only Discover 135 DTSi is presently being produced.

I have taken the test ride of the XCD..  and I actually found it quite impressive.

auto magazines have quoted a mileage figure of above 70 Km/l in real life city conditions..

I think for village he should go for Hero honda as its easily serviceable and has best reliability.He can go for cd deluxe,splendour NXG(dont know the price) and if he looks for styling he can opt for bajaj but i think more advanced and more features increases the maintenance of the vehicle so its better to go for a simple one as XCD is good but features like digi speedo will increase the maintenance cost afterwards and i also heard that bajajs speedo have some problems in pulsar.Hero honda is best for him but still its upto him only.

It makes sense to go for a car in a village only if there are more than 2 members who have to travel every day. Otherwise, the high maintenance cost of a car will not be justified. As for the bike, XCD might be the best bet, given the rave reviews its been getting..

If safety is your Key then ask your friend to goo for old used car. it makes sense to carry some stuffs and people in the village whereas Bike will not be that useful for these things. anyway let him think properly and decide.