joedaff

OPTRA MAGNUM

its not very much advisable to buy the 07 model coz its already more than a year old and moroever 09 is just comming soon ,  and the dealer would not fofer you more than 2 lakhs of discount doesnt he?? so better wait for 09 and buy 09 , resale value of 07 model will be damm low! suitable to buy 08 model for a decent discount or else i would prefer you to wait for 09!

Cheers!

hello joedaff, its always better to but the curent model for a longer term of ownership and its resale value. we are on the end of '08 and it doesnt make sense of buying '07 model. its better to buy current one or if u can wait go for '09 ones.CHEERS!!!

guys

linea is coming with only 90ps diesel i.e same 1.3l engine that working in palio and petrol turbocharged with 120ps

n magnum has a 120ps diesel with 2.0l engine

as far as looks are concerned i feel linea is better than 08magnum

Do not buy a 2007 model.Try to stay way from Linea due to Fiat's bad reputation when it comes to after sales service.You can also get the new Skoda Octavia that is due sometime next year.

Also it will help if you can tell us as to how much discount you are being offered and what is your budget.

Hi Joedaff' date=' Optra Magnum diesel is a good car, sales are low as its a GM product & doesn't carry much prestige.[/quote']

Agreed buddy...If the same package comes with a  TATA or Maruti Badge, it would have sold like hot cakes.

Hello Buddy,

Chevrolet Optra Magnum is the best car in its segment. You can read the reviews at ACI. They have given an excellent rating for this Car 9 Stars. Getting 9 stars from ACI is not an easy job & its really worth the money.

hi joedaff, i have worked at GM as a part of implant training of my course. the magnum is a very good car. moreover, the magnum is available both with petrol as well as diesel engines. the 2.0 ltr diesel engine is very refined, has 32 kgm of torque (!!!) and its acceleration and in-gear timings can scare many petrol cars. its now also available with auto climate control and stuff. i know GM's service is not that good but its cheap in the initial 3 years where they take care of the entire expenditure except labour charges. even backseat comfort is better than the civic.

its driving pleasure is not as much as a civic and reliability is not like the altis but its a combination of evrything- comfort, drive and diesel economy. go for it...
raj_50042008-11-22 03:58:06

Magnum is a good car. But Optra is not so. It didn't do well properly and failed in our market. GM should have launched a all-new car with a diesel engine.

But Magnum is a VFM option. I think it is good by means of engineering too, at the price.

If I'm going for a car with 10lac budget, I'll definitely go for Magnum.