archit

Official Your Car Pics Thread!!

My cars here. Respecting seniority I will start with the oldest:

dsc03528.jpg

This is a 1955 Landmaster mine since 2003. Its a first owner car that was with the owner since 1955. Sadly, he passed away in 2007 at age 82.The day this car was sold, he was distressed and skipped his dinner.After all, none of us here have owned a car for 48 years at a stretch!

dsc02637.jpg

This one is my 1987 Maruti 800 thats been with me since 1990!

dsc04260h.jpg

This is my April 2009 Scorpio, the muscular addition to my frail fleet!

Quote anjan: "This is a 1955 Landmaster mine since 2003. Its a first owner car that was with the owner since 1955. Sadly, he passed away in 2007 at age 82.The day this car was sold, he was distressed and skipped his dinner.After all, none of us here have owned a car for 48 years at a stretch!"

I get the feeling when the Amby that my dad owned for 30 years was sold I still remember that I had a lump in my throat and had to fight back tear's. That was the car in which I learned to drive, it served us faithfully almost 3 decades, nowadays no one thinks of owning a car for more than 3-5 year's. It was bought for Rs25000 and sold for Rs.27000 30 years later.
@FRG: All that Palio need's is a good service and your ready to rock and roll.
Durango Dude2009-11-29 14:44:20

@FRG, your palio seems to be good condition, that color is nice. Waiting for some interior pics.

@Anjan, good collection you have there, like that Landmaster and Scorpio. And do you still drive 800 & Landmaster regularly or is it scorpio now?

Would love to see some more pics of the Landmaster including some interior pics.

Thank you durango dude,

The car is really well maintained, giving the car for regular service till date. Carrying out repair work whenever needed.

There was only two major problems, one was ac not at all chilling the cabin that was around 60000km,immediately rectified. second was engine ever heating problem around 90000km,rectified again.

Twice carried out accident repair,

first- a mini lorry banged our car from behind while our car was stationary at an signal. repaired the dent on the boot lid .

second-our driver banged our car on a lorry standing on the right side when overtaking. Replaced the entire right side rear door, no other damage except the rear door.

This older fiesta is really a marathon runner .