splat

To Enfield or not to Enfield that is the Question

IndiaBike - I guess youre from bangalore? (read another thread about a bangalore RDOC meet), send me a pm, if you own a thunderbird, well spruce it up, if you  know what I mean smiley2.gif coz T5 (Thunderbird 500) isnt seeing light of day, so we might as well work with what we have eh? :-)

Loudpipe - with the carb, yes KN would certainly make it lively, but it would be helpful if you could be a bit more specific with regards to the big carb - 29? re jet?

What I would recommend is dump in a few clutch plates too, where are you from? am sadly not going to be around on the forum (check my intro on the intro thread for more info)  so leave me a comment at the blog ( http://askmaximus.blogspot.com ) on any of the threads, or mail me (askmaximus@gmail.com ), well get it done! congrats on the bike, its an awesome machine!

Just one recommendation, if you dont mind - dump the bars and plonk a RD350 handle bar on it, it handles like a DREAM after that, I found the stock ones locking the elbows at over 120kmph of cornering, dangerous, the RD bars offer a lot more room to play with and control. :-)

The difference is noticeable, try it, you can always revert to stock if you dont like it (RD bars cost around Rs.200 I guess, its not much) , and did I mention, it looks awesome too!  Chopper meets Dragster! :-)  (stance too is a lot more open and easier on the lower back when touring)

have some pics here that you could check out -

I have a Standard Bullet and everyday, I seem to be in love more so with it.

I love the Standard more to any other model and really wish RE comes out with a retro look bike.

Many doesnt realise (even some Bullet riders) that we are indeed privileged to ride a British Classic in a mordern avtaar. That thump, that look, that posture and come to think about it, 40s to 60s BSAa, Nortons, Ariels are selling for more than 2 lakhs while we are getting an updated version for around 80k.smiley17.gif

Long Live RE! Long live my Standard REsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gif

Like a bullet ad once put it "some people never get it" .. and i would be very happy if it stays that way..

Personally' date=' i have been "thumperstruck" and will continue to be..
[/quote']

Ace, it was actually SOME GUYS JUST DONT GET IT and it did take me some time to realise what it meantsmiley9.gif

So, WHEN are YOU "Getting" "IT"? smiley36.gif

Even the new one liner is classic - CURES MALE MENOPAUSE. Simply classic or simply BULLET!smiley1.gif

Like a bullet ad once put it "some people never get it" .. and i would be very happy if it stays that way..

Personally, i have been "thumperstruck" and will continue to be..
[/quote']

Very True "Some People will never get it"

According to me any Bullet Rider is a true bike lover.

We always hear "Why doesnt Enfield get better and modern bikes?". I agree, they should definitely get a new bike, with a new engine, a new chassis, a new look. Butttt they shouldnt stop manufacturing the old one. Becuase the current Bullets are basically the same Bullet that you got 50 years back. The only thing that has changed is improvement in reliability. So when you buy a Bullet today, you are in essence buying a 1950s motorcycle.

Its just like Levis jeans. They come up with some good stuff depending on changing fashion season by season. But they still have the Levis 501 jeans today, the first proper classic jeans. Its something that connects back to the beginning.

Ive ridden a few bikes till date namely' date=' my Enfield Cafe Racer, an Avenger, CBZ and a Pulsar 150. None of which gave me the best feel as that of my Enfield.[/quote']

Small edit in previous post:

I mean none of the other bikes gives me a better feel than my Enfield Cafe Racer.

P.S. Damn, no edit option here?!

Cant wait to move here and do a cam for the Enfield,love your cafe mods,My 500 single yamaha kit is world famous,check my article on building them in the international publication "VMX" magazine, I"ll do yours for free Gordon.