thackervijay

MARUTI SPLASH DIESEL

Maruti_Splash.jpg  
horizontalgray_border_01.gif

.veh_details{width:99%} .veh_details td{border:0px; border-bottom:1px dotted #E6E6E6; padding-left:5px; padding-right:5px;padding-bottom:2px} .veh_details h2{color:#C00000; font-size:14px; font-weight:900; padding:0px; margin:0px; display:inline;}

VEHICLE SUMMARY

Name: Splash
Model: Diesel
Car Body Type: Hatchback
Segment: B+ Segment
Top Speed: 165

ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS

Displacement: 1248cc, 4 Cyl, Multijet, D13A
Engine Type: Diesel
Maximum Power: 75 Bhp @ 4000 rpm
Maximum Torque: 190 Nm @ 1750 rpm

DIMENSIONS

Length: 3715 mm
Width: 1680 mm
Height: 1590 mm

OTHER SPECIFICATIONS

Seating Capacity: 5
Tyre Size: 165/70 R14
Suspension: MacPherson strut, Torsion beam & coil spring
Boot Space: 1150.00 ltrs.
Steering: Power
Brakes: Front Ventilated, Rear Disk
Gears: 5 Manual
Ground Clearance: 145.00 mm
Kerb Weight: 1150.00 kgs.
Fuel Tank: 45.00
Body Color Bumpers: check.gif
Tachometer: check.gif
Alloys: check.gif
ORVM Indicator: cross
Xenon Headlamps: cross
Trip Meter: 3
Headlamp Washer: cross

COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE

AC: AC
with Climate Control
Power Windows: check.gif
Central Locking: Remote
Remote Boot: check.gif
Remote Fuel Filler: check.gif
Rear Wiper: check.gif
Rear Defogger: check.gif
Rear Armrest: cross
Streeing Adjustment (Rake/Reach): check.gif/cross
Driver Seat Adjustment: Manual
Music System: CD Player with 4 Speakers
Leather Seats: cross
Door Mirror: Driver Side Manual
Tinted Glass: check.gif
Rear AC Vent: cross
Folding Rear Seats: check.gif
Sun Roof: cross
Buttons/Controls on Steering: cross
Auto Viper: cross
Auto Headlamp: cross

ACTIVE AND PASSIVE SAFETY

Airbag: 2
Parking Sensors: cross
Fog Lamp: check.gif
Traction Control: cross
EBD: check.gif
ABS: check.gif
ESP: check.gif
Rear Seat Belts: 2

Vibhor, thanks for the spec details. cool stuff

I think the Splash will be placed in the Swift category. It will be more spacious considering its smaller nose(like the A-star) and also it is slightly more lengthier  than the swift.

I surmise that the Splash will compete with the I20 and the Grande  punto.

I wish splash comes with some innovative gadgets. Atleast something which is not there is the I20 and Grande punto.

- Full doom electirc/manual sunroof

- LCD navigator screeen

- tiltable steering column and adjustable driver seats

- gear box which shifts with a click and not rubbery.

Also, I feel the zen estilo and A-star are very refined in their interior design and comfort compared to WagonR and other older cars. Especially the brake/clutch/accelerator pedals are wider and placed much wider apart in the new Maruti cars. Hope Maruti maintains this new styling.

All is OK but the Splash's rear look is not aesthetic. The frontal and side views give the look of an extremely well designed (By Jap standards) car but the rear part is a let down. Guess the designers spent a lot of time for the front and sides but had to beat the deadline so the rear got a slipshod attention.

I too think that the Splash's rear is rather "uncool".  Its high waistline and thick c-pillar, like most modern cars is not so practical either, which make parking and reversing a pain. 

Kudos to Maruti for keeping the pot boiling and not just being complacent eating the biggest share of the pie.  But I hope they don't bring out "sad" cars like the Estilo, which really disappoints.  I had been driving an Estilo for sometime and now I'm driving the earlier Zen.  I am still amazed by the character of the original Zen, which is always eager to be pushed.  Hope we see more of such good cars! 

I too think that the Splash's rear is rather "uncool".  Its high waistline and thick c-pillar' date=' like most modern cars is not so practical either, which make parking and reversing a pain.

[/quote']

I feel the rear design of the Splash is an ingenious design from the maruti stable. It  has a Crisp Hi-tech feel to it. Something similar to the Fiat 500.

I believe maruti suzuki will use more shiny  metal trims on its gadgets, like how the 500 has used to give a crisp retro finish to all its interiors.

The Gear shift and Handling of the car will prove everything.

i.e

Gears should shift with a click not rubbery

Handling should be like super swift double electric assisted power steering.

Engine should have a high torque low rpm tunning.

Basically the Splash which is a bigger looking small car should carry all the good points of the small car.

I too think that the Splash's rear is rather "uncool".  Its high waistline and thick c-pillar' date=' like most modern cars is not so practical either, which make parking and reversing a pain. 

[/quote']

I agree with you that the thick C-pillar hinders visibility. It is a problem with Swift, especially while reversing..

Splash seems to be a very promising product and with both petrol and diesel engines on offer, it will be a huge hit when launched. But I wonder if MS will be able to meet the demand (especially of Diesel) as both Swift diesel and Dzire are already having waiting periods of 1 month to 6 months.