akshay_crystal

Buying a new car!

hi frnds , well am not buying a car but my relative wants to buy in this month or next month.

his requirements are :

1.A sedan car

2.range b/w 5 to 7 lakhs

3.which is low on maintanance

well he was saying that he wants to buy Maruti Suzuki Dzire , but i said its not good enough frm my side , i suggested him to go for Hyundai Accent CNG, Honda City ZX, Tata Indigo

am i correct to suggest him these cars ?????

thnx in advance

Hello akshay and welcome to ACI forum!!

Well in the budget of 5-7 lacs there are qiuite good options available at this time!....the cars you have suggested are ok but for Rs.7lac budget there are even more good options available!....i would suggest your relative to test drive the SX4 and base version of verna....am not suggesting the fiesta because he wants car in low maintinance cost!......personally i think that for all his reqirements SX4 suits best its loaded with features n low on maitinance and also its a Maruti product which means its relaible!....so i would sugget the SX4!!:-) 

Hi & welcome to the forum, do introduce yourself in the introductions thread, for us to know you better.

Regarding your query, Honda City ZX has been replaced with a new model now, so why get stuck with a old car? Same is the story with Accent, though it has not been discontinued yet, but its new iteration is the Verna only. Also, Indigo has gotten old now & new on the lines of Indica Vista is expected.

So, I don't see anything wrong in selecting Dzire which is a new & successful model from the most efficient manufacturer in the Country.

Happy motoring!

How about

- renault Logan

- upcoming Fiat Linea

both are cars with huge space

If you wanted he low maintenance, good customer service nothing beats

Maruti Dzire, SX4, and finally the Hyundai Accent

Indigo is going to be replaced, so don't go for it. Accent is outdated

and almost like discontinued. City ZX has already been discontinued and

All new honda city is beyond your budget.

Go for Dzire or SX4. They are easier and cheaper to maintain.

You could also try Logan. It is cheaper to service too.

Keeping in mind only the requirements u have mentioned...its either the Dzire or the Logan..My personal vote goes to the Logan..its sturdier, has superior ride quality and is a proper, spacious sedan, unlike the Dzire which is the same old swift with its cramped interiors,except with a boot stuck at the back..the sx4 will make you stretch your budget..if you are willing to do that, then the verna makes a very good case for itself.

How about

- renault Logan

- upcoming Fiat Linea

If you wanted he low maintenance, good customer service nothing beats

logan is a segment below!,...n he has a budget for more...but yes..logan is very much spacious!...its better to wait for linea!smiley17.gif

Dzire is good option , but the looks are so bad .It looks like two different car from outset. If not for looks the dzire would have been selling like cakes. No second thought on that.

Among the cars you have suggested, Accent and Indigo are not that good and Dzire is a better product. City ZX is a good choice but I don't think it falls in your friend's budget. The SX4 VXI would be an ideal choice for him but Dzire is also a very competent product, is loaded with features and is priced much below SX4.

How about

- renault Logan

- upcoming Fiat Linea

If you wanted he low maintenance' date=' good customer service nothing beats

[/quote'] logan is a segment below!,...n he has a budget for more...but yes..logan is very much spacious!...its better to wait for linea!smiley17.gif

The top end variant of Logan costs around 7.5lakhs on-road in cbe, which is on the higher side of his budgetsmiley1.gif.

If you ask for my opinion, I always go for Maruti. In that case Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire is a better option. It's a great car with excellent performance, fuel efficiency, and even appealing interiors. The price is reasonable as well and of course being a Maruti, the cost of running and maintenance would be low. Even J.D.Power rankings have proved the worth and reliability of Maruti cars.

Linea could be a good choice launching next month. I am not too sure whether that will be in this budget.  Also indigo on the vista platform could be an interesting option but the timelines for that are not decided. Current indigo is a VFM thing but as someone said, it might get phased out. So i guess you are left with SX4 and dzire. Dzire seems to have some waiting period (or at least that was the case). So SX4 remains.