vissu

Hero Honda or Bajaj. which one is better

Hi all. this is my first post in this forum. i was planning to buy a motorcycle this month. my budget would be upto Rs.40000/-. please suggest me a bike which gives good mileage and have less repairs. i prefer hero honda or bajaj. suggest me a good modelsmiley1.gif

Hi all. this is my first post in this forum. i was planning to buy a motorcycle this month. my budget would be upto Rs.40000/-. please suggest me a bike which gives good mileage and have less repairs. i prefer hero honda or bajaj. suggest me a good modelsmiley1.gif

hi.......can you tell me your usage pattern?

what do all you expect in your bike?

FuelRunGod2007-10-05 00:30:36

In terms of reliability Hero Honda bikes have a better reputation.

If the budget is 40,000/- you could also see the Platina as an alternative but I personally would advice to go for the CD Dawn  or CD Deluxe.  (probably the CD Dawn will fit that budget). 

Nobody can match hero hondas reliability so if you are ok with the styling of 100-125cc bikes of hero honda as they are weaker in styling than bajaj then go for CD deluxe....You can also look at TVS star city its much better than platina...

Actually Bajaj have not dared to enter in this segment because because here the customers want reliability ,economy ,low cost etc. You choose between Cd Dawn and TVS star series (city,sport .....)

well in the 100cc domain the HH bikes have the edge bcoz of tat one sloper engine which was launched way back in 1984...it still does its duty in the current generation splendor/passion..tatz the main reason for HH success...also the engine is rated high in terms of reliability/fuel efficiency n maintenance costs...the other 100cc engine which comes closer to the above  mentioned aspects is the brilliant 100cc engine frm TVS which is found in Star City/Sport!!smiley1.gif

I personally am always partial to HH. But u can also have a look at the Bajaj XCD 125. Its looks cool and is said to have big milaege along with Digital console. I suppose it will cost around 43-44 on road. I havnt seen any detailed reviews though.

HH the best for the 100cc segment. Look at how Bajaj have made the basic Kawasaki Bajaj 4S evolve over the past one decade or so. So many of them the 4S, CT 100,Platina,or maybe I have missed out many. None of these appeal to me.They display newer graphics, plastics and petrol tanks with some changes in the head, tail lights and indicators. The resale value is a pittance for these. and the Hero Honda Splendour- even a 5 to 8 year old one has many many buyers. The HH is tough reliable and very fit for the Indian roads.So 100cc is HH's domain.