prasanth.mdu

Maruti - SX4 Diesel??

1.6 mjd? is this strong news?

I'm asking this because Fiat is using 1.3 mjd with VGT for Linea. So if Maruti launches SX4 diesel, they will launch with the same engine and sourcing new engine will be expensive too.

There is absolutely no news of SX4 DDIS. Same as Fiesta 1.6 TDCI. These are just mere speculation on the net. With Splash launch in March- April 09 that too with 1.3 DDIS i dont see SX4 DDIS before May 09 atleast. Maruti has to work on reducing wait periods. Cos SX4 DDIS demand would be there. They need to have more inventory before launching it. 

Really? Maruti earlier announced that they will only launch the next-generation SX4 with a diesel option. Competition from Vento, City and Linea has prompted action. It will be the 90bhp 1.3L Multijet and should be quick and efficient. An automatic version would be too good but I'm still skeptical

Bala & designersf

If it is 1.3 Multi Jet same engine as Swift & Dezire. I checked with Fiat India personal they informed that they have no plans to supply any new Diesel engines to Maruthi. Only the existing Swift  & Dezire diesel engines they have licence to manufacture.

Might be Maruthi would go for VW 1.6 L diesel engines.

You might be right but an all new engine will mean extensive modifications to the engine bay and engine mounts which are expensive. Moreover, VW's engine components are imported meaning price will be high. I'm not sure if Maruti will bend for this one especially since the all new SX4 will come in 2012

Finally MSIL launching the much awaited SX4 DDiS. We have been hearing the launch of SX4 DDiS since 2008. What engine will it sport , the 1.9DDiS engine or a 1.6 DDiS engine.? If it is priced at around 7.50 lakhs to 9 lakhs, its going to be a hit.I think that the new SX4 DDiS would eat into the sales of Swift Dzire ZDi.lets hope our best !!! swiftvxi062010-08-31 10:09:07

You might be right but an all new engine will mean extensive modifications to the engine bay and engine mounts which are expensive. Moreover' date=' VW's engine components are imported meaning price will be high. [/quote']

VW might soon start producing engines here as volume may flow from Polo 1.6, Vento & SX4. Who knows, even the new swift could have it.

I dont think VW's diesel will come into MSIL's car so immediately, also though VW owns stake in Suzuki they definately wont create a competitor for themselves in a segment where they still are freshers.

And to me even SX4 diesel cant set the charts on fire, main reason being Vento is already well priced & apart from that its more comfortable, better looker, rides & handles much better & has class leading quality both inside out so even if its 50-80k cheaper i dont will make much difference.

If its not the Vento diesel and not the FIAT multijet... Wait a minute it has to be the 1.3 multijet... Maruti said no diesel SX4 but they just had to plonk in the DDis. Fiat would not give a 1.6 DDis w/o using it in their linea first. 

First thing is, do not get too optimistic with Maruti people. They sometimes say fairy tales.

Even if it comes it should not have a VW engine now. There is no such plans so soon. If the 1.3DDiS is planted then 75bhp would be too less. Or is Maruti doing a Ford Fiesta/Toyota corolla in diesel ?

First thing is' date=' do not get too optimistic with Maruti people. They sometimes say fairy tales.

Even if it comes it should not have a VW engine now. There is no such plans so soon. If the 1.3DDiS is planted then 75bhp would be too less. Or is Maruti doing a Ford Fiesta/Toyota corolla in diesel ?
[/quote']

Its doing a Fiat Linea in Diesel

As told by very close friend few weeks back, that SX4 Diesel will be Surely powered with 1.6l Diesel engine(might be a VW or Fiat one) is currently doing testing rounds at MSIL plant.

Dec2010 or Jan2011 are the probable scheduled Months for its launch here.

[VW might soon start producing engines here as volume may flow from Polo 1.6

Polo will get 1.6 Petrol engine only while 1.6 TDi Diesel will not be used in Polo Hatchback in India & even VW India aren't having any plans for it yet.
dr_nishu2010-09-01 16:21:53

As told by very close friend few weeks back' date=' that SX4 Diesel will be Surely powered with 1.6l Diesel engine(might be a VW or Fiat one) is currently doing testing rounds at MSIL plant.

Dec2010 or Jan2011 are the probable scheduled Months for its launch here.

[/quote']

Fiat 1.6 Diesel is definately not going to be there for SX4, this was confirmed by Mr.Marius D

Is there any talk about the price of this diesel sibling? I feel that it would be in the bracket of 8.5 to 9L.

Albeit, Indian market is waiting for the diesel model very eagerly. Price difference will be the factor which will dictate that this model does not eat up sales of petrol SX4 and diesel Dzire.

As given in today's ET, General Motors's Talegaon plant, exclusively for manufacturing engines, is ready for commissioning.  They say, they will start with 1.0L petrol and then 1.4L diesel engines.  It could be that Maruti's SX4 may get 1.4L diesels from this plant whose capacity is 1.6 lakh engines per year.  The plant gets commissioned in Oct/last week or Nov/first week.