manishk123

Deal of the Month!!

Ash - You can definitely say that the Civic is too low for indian roads, the sales are lesser than the city. This is one reason & the other is - tell them the Linea has similiar features & of course better mileage then why Civic. Hope the Linea excuse will help you get better discount as Fiat has become a problem for honda sales recently.

Honda is about to launch a offer this week..

Civic: 4 Alloy Wheels with the E Variant..Surprsingly no clue why they want to give only 4 wheels. the 5th will be still the original Steel rim.

Altis: Kaushal has not yet come online after his pot of 75k discount, so I am not sure which dealer is offering this.

Its a GREAT DEAL if I get this 75K off.

hyundai is giving its getz prime 1.1 for 3.5 or 3.7 on road' date=' read this in TOI today[/quote']

in one other thread the guys ruled out Getz totally saying its a old model and not worth the buy etc etc..

So not sure if this deal will still attract anyone, considering that a brand new i10 is available at 3.85L OTR

well ATD it may surprise but getz is selling in good numbers now then what i used to, i know its dealer who confirmed this, and almost 40k discounts is a good deal man, bigger then most of hatchbacks in this price, easy to drive in city as well as highways.

I jus logged in today after a long time.. yes i td the civic b4 buyin the altis following were the reasons of going for altis

1) low ground clearnace of civic.

2) heavy steering (civic)

3) altis better VFM after the discount

4)better mileage in altis

5)1lkh km waranty

6)New model of civic expctd soon

7)civic E M/T base model cost 10 lakhs ex showroom and altis 10.60 lakhs - 75k =9.85

I SAVE 15K AND WHT I GET IS

a)6 cd changer(singl cd in civic emt)

b)fog lamps(na in civic emt)

c)all alloy wheel(na in civic emt)

d)retractable mirrors

e)indicators on mirrors

hence opted for altis the dealer is mellenium toyota

Regards,

Kushal

if u buy now i think ul get better discounts as they want to get rid of the 2008 manufactured cars.. later ul get only 2009 manufactured which will not have such heavy discounts

Which model did you buy and how much discount you got?

In Noida they are offering nothing on base model, and 40K on GL 2008 model, which I feel is very less.

i got 75k off on the G model.. they say 40k tht is from toyota itself.. and they r not supposed to give more discounts.. so they wont talk abt it on phone.. ask the sales person to come at ur place n discuss abt it.. am sure he wil offer u something better.. or tell him tht ur getting a better deal somewhere... tht trick often helps n acts quickly

Well kaushal, 9.85 for Altis is great and you get much more things than in Civic....Is altis base has Climate control or manual AC...

And how much discount we can get on GL model(top manual)...can we get 75k or so like you got..

Well kaushal' date=' 9.85 for Altis is great and you get much more things than in Civic....Is altis base has Climate control or manual AC...

And how much discount we can get on GL model(top manual)...can we get 75k or so like you got..
[/quote']

The Toyota dealer in Mumbai , Madhuban is not ready to even take booking for 08 model at a discount.

kaushal is lucky to get such a good deal.. I envy him..smiley7.gif

Well kaushal' date=' 9.85 for Altis is great and you get much more things than in Civic....Is altis base has Climate control or manual AC...

[/quote']The Toyota dealer in Mumbai , Madhuban is not ready to even take booking for 08 model at a discount.kaushal is lucky to get such a good deal.. I envy him..smiley7.gif

dude altis base model has all the stuff that civic has +loads of tiny bits

a)6 cd changer(singl cd in civic emt)

b)fog lamps(na in civic emt)

c)all alloy wheel(na in civic emt)

d)retractable mirrors(na in civic emt)

e)indicators on mirrors(na in civic emt)

f)auto a/c (na in civic emt)

g)tilt telescopic steering, height adjustable seat

h) 3 keys , 2 with remote n , 1 without remote(the special thing abt this key is that when u give this key 2 a valet he cannot open ur trunk.. keeping in mind tht u may hav a laptop or some other precious item kept )smart isint it..

i) control of the music system and the mfd on steering

j)an auto electronic rear view mirror which cuts out any light tht may b reflecting into ur eyes automatically.

h)chorome handle and chrome door protector(body colored in civic emt)

i)6 speakers (4 in civic emt)

Well than whats the difference between G and GL...

3 keys , 2 with remote n , 1 without remote(the special thing abt this key is that when u give this key 2 a valet he cannot open ur trunk.. keeping in mind tht u may hav a laptop or some other precious item kept )smart isint it
But then you have to always carry that key na, so everytime its not possible to carry 2keys and isnt altis having Boot opener button/lever inside the car from which he can open the boot..
bluesapphire2009-02-19 10:18:24

Tanmay which model did you buy and at what price?

Here a dealer is offering me only GL (2008) model with 40 K discount while Kaushal got 75K discount on a G model. Dealer says that 2008 G models are sold out hence no discount on that.

It's Great kaushal that you are getting such discount' date=' i surely envy you since i bought the car without any discount as i got the car in september i.e. just few days after it was launched[/quote']

hey u need not envy mate.. :-) cos there were no discounts at the time of launch.. these discounts were there jus to clear 2008 stock in 2009..

Well if u lock the boot i do not think that the boot release lever works.... not sure though but someone having an altis can clear that doubt.

Though i really do not know about the difference between GL and G

yes Prateek ur right.. thats how it works.

the additional stuff u get in GL is:

HID headlamp(xenon)

auto headlamp (switches on automatically in dark)

leather seats

n power adjustable driver seat

and power washers for headlamp

these are the only difference. n u pay almost 1-1.5lakh

Well try in March' date=' may be you get some discounts as its end of the financial year..[/quote']

I dont think there wiill be discounts in march.. cos more ppl tend to buy in the month of march so they dont need to push sales. According to me dec and jan are best time to buy as they dont want to carry previous year stock they offer heavy discounts