manishk123

Deal of the Month!!

It Seems Nissan has followed the suite of giving discounts as by other brands

They are giving free petrol for a year with their Teana. & two yrs of free service

its mentioned on thier website so the news is confirmed

Hi Guys,

Thats my first post on this topic...rather my first post on this site to be honest.

I had been reading on this blog on & off but today as I stand at the threshold of being a prospective car buyer myself, I was more than prompted to put my views (should I say confusion) here & get some of you experts to advise me.

These are my concerns while buying my first car:

1) The Indain hatchback market is hot as a Tandoori. I started with i10 in mind. Did some R&D & was getting it at around 4.2. Someone suggested to go for 08 model & will be able to snatch it at around 4. But to my surprise no dealer was offering any discounts. They talked about free insurance & accessories & was getting everything on road at 4.1-ish.

Some more R&D lead me to the then great, SWIFT. Test drove it & fell in love with it. Was bigger than i10 & definately had that punch in the engine. But the lackluster interiors were a mood spoiler. Felt like was sitting in a mumbai home with electricity down. Dark & dull. But with the f/bs from everyone on the net here & considering a Maruti (great after sale service & re-sale val) had almost gone for one.

Was considering a Vxi. Dealer was offering 10k off on 08 model. Quite a few accessories & was also willing to fake my thane address & help on saving the octroi. On road cost shot upto 4.65

50-ish for a bigger & powerful car, I guess is strechable.

Then comes the twist. Hyundai comes out with i20.

Looked at the car. Tempted to test drive. Did manage one. & felt thankful to almighty from letting this one out before I bought a Swift.

Then looked at the price tag. 5.6 for mum & 5.3 for thane on-road.

No discounts. 1 month waiting.

So basically stretched from 4.1 to 5.6.

M hoping a better fuel efficiency & better re-sale than Swift 3 years hence will off-set the 70k xtra in future.

The engine had a bit lag but considering mum traffic I doubt if I ever hit 5 th gear.

So have decided (as of now for i20 Magna)

Then a Ford dealer got in touch.

Was selling a black Ikon 08 model mum reg at 4.2

Did R&D & discovered the pathetic after sale service & re-sale.

Also the damn expensive spares.

He advised I buy some TMP crap of Ford which takes care of all parts being replaced by Ford (except for clutch plate) for 2 years.

But decided to stick with i20.

Pls advise if I have made the correct choice.

2nd dilemma...my permenant addr is from A'bad.

& a mum or than registeration has got to be on a fake addr.

Should I buy one from A'bad (5.4) & drive down to Mum (another 10k).

Landing cost 5.5

or mum (WAP case at 5.6)

or thane (WAP case again, at 5.3)

will there b any problems in claiming the insurance in future or any other possible threats if I go for thane or play safe & get from Gujarat.

Will the cops harass a GJ no. plate in M'shtra?

Should I wait for Nano to launch & get some price corrections across the hatchback market or book one right now?

Questions, worries, tensions & puzzles is all I have managed for the past 3 months of my so-called "R&D" & m still clue-less & car-less?

Pls comment on my research & guide me on what I need to do?

Any news on discounts and special offers fof SX4?

The dealers were indicating two days back that there would be a price advantage due to excise duty reduction' date=' any one has a clue on the same?

[/quote']

PLEASE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS NO EXCISE REDUCTION FOR CARS

There are 3 toyota dealers in hyderabad, but the other two maximum discount they have given on 08 gl is 45k.The dealer gave me 85k cash discount,but only sliver,blue,pearl colours available in gl mode.Not yet decided as to wait for the face lift civic or go for the altis gl.Any info on the launch date of face lift civic.I dont know why many people doent like the styling of altis, ok its not sporty as civic but has very robust looks,strong & in the long run its the better.

yea even i got discount on similar terms of colour. but since he has 2-3 colours i think he has a good number of cars in his stock yard and is tryin hard to clear 08 model and hence i think he will give u a better discount.

About the CIVIC the new car does not have ny major changes it just has some minor cosmetic changes which includes tail lights, headlights, bumper and dashboard..

The launch is date is very uncertain so u may have to wait till year end. I think altis is better VFM.

Don't wait for civic facelift its just minor and may be the older one with new bumper when you crash it then replace it and get new bumper later it just that much change.Go for the corolla 85k is a really very good discount.

It Seems Nissan has followed the suite of giving discounts as by other brandssmiley32.gif

They are giving free petrol for a year with their Teana. & two yrs of free service

Its mentioned on theer website so the news is confirmed

I read somewhere that they are increasing the localised content in the Fabia which will bring a big reduction in prices. Will take atleast 3 months to hit the market though.

fabia is gonna get more equipment for no extra buck,there is price reduction but more VFM!

I read somewhere that they are increasing the localised content in the Fabia which will bring a big reduction in prices. Will take atleast 3 months to hit the market though.

fabia is gonna get more equipment for no extra buck,there is price no reduction but more VFM!

Just in - Mercedes S 320 Cdi available at a mouth watering discount of 10 lacs!! Looks like the new 7 series has them all shaken up :-)

Not acceptable. But if Mercedes gives 50% discount, I will beg, borrow or steal to buy S 320 D,
akj53in2009-03-09 12:41:51

Worldwide S Class does not face any threat from 7 series. Even the new 7 Series does not match S Class in refinement, comfort and luxury.  So this discount does not make any sense.

Or could it be that a 'Refreshed S Class' is lurking around the corner so the Merc India is trying to liquidate the existing stock, like they did with the current E Class.

fabia is gonna get more equipment for no extra buck' date='there is price no reduction but more VFM!

[/quote']

The new VW factory is coming up in a month. This will make fabia and will have more localisation. Dont know about price reduction bcos i expect skoda to charge us a premium but expect more features to rival i20.

Looks like skoda is gearing up for the premium hatch segment