man2705

civic-altis-octavia

Not that I am aware of.

My tuppence worth. I agree that the New Octavia (oops Laura) is somewhat costlier. However, I rule out the Octavia as it is outdated, and spares and service are grossly overpriced and the service standards are by and large far below expectations. This has been highlighted in various threads on the forum.

Between the Japanese my heart says the Civic & the head says Corolla Altis.

Civic wins without doubt for me... Corolla Altis for people who look for features, price and comfort (a bit, civic not bad,only low seating) while Civic always surprises and its the feel that matters the most and the Civic is unbeatable in this respect

As Sgiitk sir said, Just ignore the Octy from the list. Outdated and high cost of Ownership.

If self driven, Its the Civic and if it is going to be chauffeured, then its the Altis.

well the octavia L&K (not laura L&K) is around 13.5 lakhs , it may be old but not outdated , but it has an diesel option that other to japs miss , unless the altis comes up with diesel engine skoda might have an edge .

One more point to rule out Octavia, as it is expecting a face lift with 1.4l diesel engine and a price tag of under 10lac. Even if you wait for the face lift, I don't think that the small engine will perform like the current one.

I'd select Civic(sportiness) for my personal use and Altis(Comfort) for my dad.

Perfomance wise both Civic & Altis are good. Civic doesnt feel very comfy to drive in the city due to its torque. If you want a car with brilliant interiors, look go for the Civic. Go for Altis  if you need a more VFM , better rear comfort compared to Civic. 

I dont think Toyota would give much offers as of now . May be Dec end to clear 2008 model stocks.

As Sgiitk sir said' date=' Just ignore the Octy from the list. Outdated and high cost of Ownership.

If self driven, Its the Civic and if it is going to be chauffeured, then its the Altis.

[/quote']

Raking up an old discussion, cos I am getting a very good deal on the Altis..

I see that the base Level of Altis is much better than the base level of the Civic.

For starters..No Alloys in Civic E but Altis has them

price is almost the same....

So whats the verdict.???

I am also planning to buy a car now and have seen new City, Civic and Altis.

I found City way too short on features. Honda is not giving Alloys, Fog Lamps, Climate Control, Temprature meter, CD Changer. Users report that air con and headlights are weak on City. A car is not just engine, it has to be complete with other features also.

Civic is due for upgrade in few months, so does not make sense to buy and end-of-life product. And it does not have the required features befitting its price.

Octavia is also end-of-life but with phenomenal cost of ownership, so ruled out.

That leaves us with Altis only. I am also interested in base model. What is the deal you are getting? Let me know so I may try also for the same.

AKJ:

I had the TD of the Civic today..I think I will go for it..

Its so much better to drive than the Altis..

Such captivating interiors and sporty feel as well.

Did not really feel the GC was that less. took it through some pot holes at 60 and only brushed once, as the pot hole was very deep, wouldn't take my Indica also through that hole..

Altis felt very luxurious and kind of lazy to me.. Civic felt so very peppy and fast and fantastic..

Deciding on the colour and will be a bit patient to see what discounts can I grab..

akj53in - All the features you are looking for are there in the Linea Emotional Pack which costs lesser than the base model of City. Also it has much more than you can expect for eg. the Blue & Me, alloys & Airbags. Engine is one of its kind also. This is a very practical car that has a lot of style. Think about it & do TD - then decide.