rameshkumar.k

Need help to decide which new car to buy?

I have a budget of around 5 to 6 lakhs

(Includes Ex-showroom price, Insurance & Tax).

My travel in city will be around 300 - 400 kms per months and once in 2 or 3 months 1200 kms in highway.

Please suggest me a petrol car which should be:

• Comfortable to travel (5 people)
  • Fuel Efficient
  • With Low Maintenance Cost   

Some of my choices are:

• Hyundai Getz Prime 1.3 GLS
  • Chevrolet Aveo U-VA 1.2 LT
  • Tata Indigo XL Classic Petrol

Please suggest me the choice from the above list or other cars also.

Thanks in advance.

Chevrolet aveo UVA is a very good car. It has good ride quality,comfort,looks but not that good interiors but overall a good package with good warranty and good fuel efficiency so go for it. You can also go for Accent gle which is also a very good car but it is going to phase out soon.Then you can go for SX4 vxi but its around 7.2 lacs on-road and if comfort is your main priority then go for Mahindra renault logan 1.6 gls. You can also go for hyundai verna i vtvt but its around 7.2 on-road.

Try the Swift Petrol its good value for money when compared with Prime and UVA.. Never go for Tatas petrol product. and also donot go for Renault Petrol too. so please have a look at the Swift petrol  cheers!!

mndvishnu2007-10-05 15:31:00

Just because you dont like Maruti cars you just cannot tell like that. we are here to help buyers not to confuse them. and also Swift got the Indian car of the year for the year 2006( correct me if i am wrong) and its the best all rounder. and also good value for money. i think this will suit the buyer the best.

mndvishnu2007-10-05 15:43:13

I am not here to misguide anyone ya i know i dont like maruti but i dont like it for my self i will never buy it but i will never misguide anyone. He only said that he want comfortable car and its the fact that you have to agree with that swift is not comfortable at interior space wise it seems to be small car and not a hatch. And also maintenance cost of swift is not that of maruti that seems to be cheap. Its really expensive to maintain it..  

let us not rather continue the arguement lets see what the other member have to say. but my wish is that ramesh gets a good car cause i myself am having a swift and this is what my suggestion is!!i want buyers to get the BEST FROM HIS CAR rather than to repent later.

well some like oranges some ........like peaches.............

ramesh my advise to you is test drive the following

getz 1.1 & 1.3

swift 1.3

palio 1.6

Uva

please dont consider indica petrol as it is too crude in comparison to the other

u may consider palio 1.1 if u can live with its pickup

well guys i would like to mention here that GM is going to change the model of UVA so it would not be good decision  if you buy the existing model because it will effect the resale value of the car and will look like a old model very soon........for the latest model details you can check the latest issue of Autocar magazine (october issue)..............sumit 

Hi Ramesh. I think the swift would be a good choice. It will give u a decent mileage and is pretty reasonable to maintain as well. It can seat 5, but tall persons would find the rear legroom to be a bit limited. Marutis service network is second to none. So go for it, preferably the ZXI variant, its loaded with goodies.

my thinking about these cars are -

UVA - Nice Spacious , good improved Gear box, best ground clearance of 188 mm better than any hatchback.

Getz Prime 1.1 - good decent milage  ,  competitive pricing overall good but Engine lacks Frill. the engine is same of that of Santro Xing so it produces only 67 BHp

Swift- Good powerful engine folowed by a decent milage and decent space is overall a Practical car. but interiors looks dull and lots of blind spots at the rear too.

Soo its upto Ramesh to test drive these 3 cars . every people has difeerent liking soo we will see which car he will like out of these 3 after his test drive. please also gives us the updates mr ramesh.

PRYA

Hi Mr. Ramesh,

You must be overwhelmed by the response youve got.  With a lot of cars around it must be really confusing for the right car.  And with your budget you are spoilt for choices which only adds up to the trouble.  Ultimately its who you should decide and nothing can replace a test drive.  Its worth the trouble of going to each showroom and get a feel of the car to find if it really suits you.  After all you should feel good about the car you own, whichever that is.  

I personally own a Swift and the number of Swifts on the road are surely a testimony to what kind of a car that is.  It fulfils all your expecations.  The problem is mainly the smallish boot which is fine for city use.  Swift can seat 5 in decent comfort if not the best.  Its not really a "small" car as it sound like.  The problem of blind spots is common in all new international designs and we may have to live with that.  That can be eliminated a lot with the proper of use of the Swifts excellent rear view mirrors and a little judgement.  Talking of blind spots, we should try reversing the good old Amby!

Its true that the Aveo might be replaced soon as its no new model and has been around in the international market for quite some time now.  The Indigo is still way behind in terms of finish and refinement. 

A key factor in deciding a car to buy is the availability of good service centres close to your home.  Or else however the good car is its really a pain to drive all the way just to service it in a far off place.  Todays manufacturers are keen to keep the customers happy and every car offers a good package in some way or ther other.  Its only a matter of personal choice based on your preferences.  I had shortlisted the Getz and the Swift, I had to choose the Swift because it clearly defines my personality even though the Getz was a lot more practical.  All the best in your efforts and hope you find the right car for you. 

Jitz