anirudh

diesel car buy

hi 1. what resale can i xpect of my fiat palio petrol .2 l car 2002 model.also which is the best  diesel hatch  to buy-palo multijet(services?),swift 1.3 diesel(cramped vs the current palio) and indica vista.comments please.thanks.anirudh

Hi Anirudh & welcome to the forum.

Palio's have poor resale value, so do not expect much. My guess would be ~ 1L, but do confirm with a dealer.

Now, that we have already burnt fingers with Palio, its better to avoid it the next time!

If space is a concern, try out the Indica Vista Quadrajet.

After owning a Fiat Palio, the swift built quality wouldnt in anyway impress you.

Check resale in carwale website. If you could stretch your budget & wait till next year you can go for the Fiat Grande Punto or the Hyundai i20 crdi.

I don't think Swift will impress you after owning Palio, in terms of Space, ride and build quality. You'll get a fair exchange price for your old Palio on exchange. Fiat will definitely improve its service network prior to Linea's launch(ACI december issue). But as you had a Palio for almost 6 years, so you have to choose.

If rear seat space is not a constraint, go for Swift.

I don't think he's going to stretch his budget to i20/Punto. i20 isn't even sure to be launched with a diesel & Punto is fairly far!

Indica Vista QD is a good/improved buy these days.

why not consider Getz crdi, though its a little old but thats the best in the Hatch Diesel category so far..

however if you are unable to strech your budget, then its the Palio MJD without doubts
harryccc2008-12-02 13:44:48

Hi Anirudh & welcome to the forum.

Palio's have poor resale value' date=' so do not expect much. My guess would be ~ 1L, but do confirm with a dealer.

Now, that we have already burnt fingers with Palio, its better to avoid it the next time!

If space is a concern, try out the Indica Vista Quadrajet.
[/quote']

Man. 6 years old palio for ~1 lakh is mouth watering (much cheaper than an alto of the same age) I would have bought it blindly if it were a year ago. But now, I am all set to buy the Linea.

@Harry, heard some reports on the forum that Hyundai dealers are not delivering Getz Crdi to any new customers.

@Opender, yes Palio commands worst resale values, I think it can even be had for less than a lakh too!
speed2008-12-02 13:55:05

@Anirudh- Fee of Rs.750??

Which diesel plant of Toyota / Nissan have you got as recommendations??? A big NO to that!!

i20 petrol coming in Jan. Diesel variant will come maybe in Mid. By then even Fiat Grande Punto would come ( April 09). By then even auto loans will be cheaper & you can save some more cash . I think Fiat GP would suit you since you already own a Fiat unless resale of the next car is very imp.