vibhor

Maruti Suzuki to launch 'Ritz' in April 09!!!

I agree with you all guys. I don't see any good thing in Ritz. it looks more like a tall boy design and is not a good looker to me. They bring lot of nonsense vehicles like Versa, Estilo, etc..

Swift was an exception but still as you guys said already it needs better build and space. To be genuine only Baleno was a class apart.

MSIL is very good at marketing...don't write the Ritz off. MSIL will surely pull of a 'coup' of sort's with terrific features and pricing combo that will be hard to resist. If it can sell it's Wagon R soo well, imagine what it can do with the Ritz. Durango Dude2009-02-17 17:14:28

Right DD, but i heard today from a MS dealer that Ritz will replace the Wagon R.

I didn't believe though since Wagon R is one of the largest selling cars in India and why will MS discontinue it.

He was saying that the base model of Ritz will cost the same as the top-end model of Wagon R

MSIL is very good at marketing...don't write the Ritz off. MSIL will surely pull of a 'coup' of sort's with terrific features and pricing combo that will be hard to resist. If it can sell it's Wagon R soo well' date=' imagine what it can do with the Ritz. [/quote']

Have to agree with you. With Wagon R facing stiff competition from i10 which is more advanced in almost all respect it is still selling at par if not more than i10. This shows the superb marketing strategy of MSIL. And if wagon r can sell this nos. there is no doubt that ritz cant replicate its success espescially since its built on a larger platform (swift's), has a better engine and undoubtedly better built quality than wagon r. If hyundai was not feeling the sweat with the continuing good sale of wagon r alongside i10, it will feel the heat now.

Now if Maruti just replaces wagon r with the ritz

I am damn sure that swift will loose half of its prospective buyers to Ritz.

Ritz will be a success. Not like A-star

- Better and Futuristic looks. This car looks better on the road. I bet on this. .

- More spacious, more leg and shoulder room (like the vista)

- Good engine, 1.2 petrol and 1.3 diesel mjd

- Combined with all the qualities of the "Wagon" cars

Well interiors will be the same as Swift/Astar/Sx4/Vitara....

And its not the marketing strategy that wagonR is selling but its the Goodwill of MSIL which was created when 800 was launched and our indians are so much fan of Msil that they can buy even a crap and to me worst car in india blindly just for Msil name coz this car has nothing good... 

For a company which couldn't even replace more than 2.5 decades old Maruti 800 and Alto so far' date='  its hard to believe that Wagon R shall be replaced anytime soon.[/quote'] But theres a reason for that, That is, both cars are still selling in solid numbers even after being a decade old.

I dont think its about the company but its about the consumers. The same company has been replacing its models in other countries. Even Hyundai hasnt stopped santro after i10 or our own tata hasnt stopped indica after vista. In India most of the people who buy these cars i.e. the cars below 4 lacs are first time buyers and dont have much awareness and are not enthusiasts like us so they are not much interested on whats on offer, they just want a car that they can travel in with their family which is mostly just the spouse and will not have maintainence issues so that they can have peace of mind

For a company which couldn't even replace more than 2.5 decades old Maruti 800 and Alto so far' date='? its hard to believe that Wagon R shall be replaced anytime soon.[/quote'] But theres a reason for that, That is, both cars are still selling in solid numbers even after being a decade old.

I guess that Wagon R still sells. Its sales figures are quite strong. I think it is the second best seller of Maruti after Alto.

I guess that Wagon R still sells. Its sales figures are quite strong. I think it is the second best seller of Maruti after Alto.

You guessed it right. The list in decreasing sales is alto>wagonr>swift>omni>dzire>m800

I think a-star would have penetrated and removed m800.

I pray they stop the wagon R.. it is daylight robbery of 4+ lacs for a tin box.
lol.gif Quite True, but still wagon R is not that bad but yeah as i said in my previous post, This is going to be a good replacement for it if they do so.

I like the boot space of wagon r. you can fit in a lot of stuff. I think thats a major plus point why it still sells. Lack of boot space prevents other hatches from being used as a family car for long trips.

Just curious. Does any other hatch have better boot space?

its gonna come with a brand new 1.2 litre engine,twin cam,16 valve motor,yes the new k-series 1242cc motor develops 80 bhp (well we got discount,its detuned from 86 bhp) check out the large retro looking speedo surrounded by warning light cluster,its really cool and offcourse the clip on rev counter(similar to the one on A-star)

I like the boot space of wagon r. you can fit in a lot of stuff. I think thats a major plus point why it still sells. Lack of boot space prevents other hatches from being used as a family car for long trips.

luggage space is quite limited (178 litre),you can expect a funky new hatchback,a brand new petrol engine, 5 seater high seating position (from the tall boy design) with 15 inch alloys.

Haha only boot space nothing else..No rear seat comfort, extremely bad build quality, plastics are cheapest to me, it isnt that stable, worst gear-shift, i dont know why this one is still topseller...I hate this car most in all cars which have been launched till date in India..Its just Maruti tag that is helping and nothing else...I wont buy this even if i get this at 1.5-2lacs..