mndvishnu

Getz Overpriced!!!

Dont you all people agree with mee. i thought the Getz diesel 1.5 CRDi VGT is just around rs 35000 costlier than swift but it costs around 6.6 lacs on Road Mangalore(well the features are same as 1.1 GVS) whereas swift VDi is available for 5.82 on Road.  which means you have to pay around rs 80000 more than swift VDi and isnt it overpriced??? and just by giving some more cash one can get Logan!!! well is this 100 horse worth for this Price or do you people think its overpriced.??????

mndvishnu2007-10-05 21:41:17

well...............the engine of getz(1.5 vgt) is that special that it can ask for a premium..........

though, it would have been nice if a few more bells and whistles were added.

I agree completely with mndvishnu. Getz is overpriced. 110bhp is overkill. diesel buyers want economy and low price and not performance. Since they are importing the engine the price is too high

The Getz was always overpriced, except for the 1.1 prime version.  Thats one reason I chose the Swift over the Getz eventhough the Getz was a hugely succesful model abroad.  The diesel comes well into sedan territory!  Its quite evident that Hyundai didnt quite get it right with the Getz like the Elantra. 

Jitz

I dont think Getz D vs Swift D would be a fair comparison. Honestly, when was the last time we had a car that can produce 110 bhp, 24kgm, give easily more than 14 kmpl(hopefully) AND cost 6.6 lakhs? And which of these cars was a pocket-friendly diesel. Swift vs Getz is a no-brainer as far as the engines are concerned - Swift for vfm and Getz for speedfreaks. And the Getz can never win over the Swift, given the category that the majority of Indian buyers fall into..

So, my verdict is: the Getz is NOT overpriced, only the competition is priced cheaper.. smiley2.gif

"Getz for speedfreaks" it can be those who live in conjusted area or else other sedans Diesels are also good and can be called speed freak but they offer good safety measure and the Getz lacks that like ABS .Remember speed freaks buy the car for fun but also along safety. 

Getz is expensive but then you get a verna diesel engine with whopping 110 bhp with economy.And when you sit inside the car you cannot say that its a hatchback it surely feels like sedan.You get power speed space economy diesel comfort so its a good car.But yes it should come with ABS and alloys..

Yes new cars price comes down drastically when less people buy it and its image gets small. I think one should learn from Suzuki -they give a small introduction price then increase it and the image of the car is retained.

i agree with rssh. the price of getz diesel should have been cheaper and it would not matter if they increased their price later on. now they could have got it at a  competitive price to that of swift D and they could have given it as introductory Price and it would have definately helped them. now thier sales may get effected and soon thye may have get down the price and we will have to wait for itt.

you get diesel frugality and sometimes better than petrol performance

drive the car in the higher gears as well, pull it hard and you'll see what I mean

this is a car that often makes you go wow

and that is worth something

too much ? ?

what if it had a Honda badge on the nose

all of you would say it was a good deal ?

look at the City !!!!!!