vibhor

Fiat sells 41 units of Fiat 500 in India!!!!

smiley17.gifHi guys!!Fiat India has revealed that they have sold in the market 41 units of Fiat 500 since its launch in India.The largest Italian Automobile group - FIAT, began selling the cute, little 500 (also known as Cinquecentto) in India a few months back.The Fiat 500 is a fully imported (CBU) model and comes in two variants - Lounge and Sports, both costing almost Rs.15lacs.In parts of Europe, Fiat is considered to be one of the most reputed brands. The Fiat 500 turned it around for the company with models like the Linea and Grande Punto backing the 500 up and generating the essential funds for them to continue in this business independently (GM almost acquired Fiat at that point of time)smiley1.gif

fiat-500-1-big.jpg

thats great news Vibhor! 41 units is really news.... Fiat must improve its service network to have a strong presence in the other segments too, they are sure potential to take over markets!

though this news makes you tempting to say India is growing strong economically, but needless to say only upper class citizens have bought this car. what happens to widening gap of upper and lower class in our country and after all these only rich politicians like Chidambaram can say India is growing!

JUST a thought
harryccc2008-12-03 13:14:45

There are huge number of spendthrifts in India who have all the money which is not earned by legal channel and who are crazy about branded, new,Improved labels!!

But to be serious about the car, I never found it worth of 15L!

If it was to be buit in India, its price would not be more than 5L.. that makes it 10L overpriced!!

These cars are majoylr customized and it takes somewhere around 6 months for delivery is what i had heard. May be that is why they have bookings but have not actually retailed these cars yet. Or may be only a few have been retailed.I had seen one in Mumbai below TML office.

These cars are majoylr customized and it takes somewhere around 6 months for delivery is what i had heard. May be that is why they have bookings but have not actually retailed these cars yet. Or may be only a few have been retailed.I had seen one in Mumbai below TML office.

that makes sense, but have not seen one in bangalore yet

Superrbb..!.. Tiny Fiat...500 ...would be one of the grt icon..in India too. !

Well, after hearing lotz...of voices..about its presence..and awareness of this car, which could lead the Brand name to make on top..!

But...people..just see if..this could be a response right from now, that may cause a diversion to the co. being walking on a CBU route...to turn at Indian Manufacturing...amenities...right?

So, now..letz..hope...this CAR would be everyone's car..if it is 'made in India' @ just 50% almost cut-price as of now..and..affordable...!!

fiat_500.jpg

fiat500.jpg

Nice pictures Vibhor. Fiat is heading towards a brighter automotive future. I feel that this tiny mouse is paving a stronger road for the proposed car Linea and Punto. What do you say?

Thanks dreamthecar buddy!..yes, I agree, you are right!...actually, I personally like these new Fiat cars, but there is just one question in my mind!infact in every Indian's mind that can we trust on FIAT now?....i think what fiat says for itself - 'The Fiat of new genration' its quite true!:-)..smiley1.gif..