thumps

Problems with Dzire

I have a Maruti Dzire bought on 16 July. The car has done about 3,500kms. Can any body give me some idea / causes/ remedies for the following;

1) Heavy Engine Noise - Engine makes noise at 1000-1200 rpm. When accelerator is released, rpm reduces to 1200 and remains there for some time and reaches idling rpm(800). The noise is very prominent when the engine is hot .Timing belt adjusted, belt & tensioner replaced, throttle assly cleaned and finally entire assly of timing belt/tensioner/ etc etc replaced from a new car which was not having such noise. The final replacement definitely improved the situation, but the noise is still heard and engine is bit rough all thro the rpm level.

Now Maruti claims that the noise level is normal!!

Has anybody experienced such an issue with Dzire/Swift?

2) Underbody noise - When the car is driven near a wall with open windows, very prominent noise like it is from GHUNGROO. The noise will be heard only when the road has minor uneven surface. Maruti Service Station said this is the noise from suspension and according to them it is very common on all Marutis. Anybody experienced it? Why only Maruti cars have such special&noisy shocks or springs?

Thanks in advance

1)Well I have a Swift VDi. I do hear a rattling kind of sound from the engine at around 1800-2000 rpm(only while in bumper to bumper traffic ). While driving briskly or under normal driving, no such sound is heard. The Maruti guys claim that it is normal. They gave me a TD of a brand new car at the yard, even it has similar sound while slowly in traffic.

2) I don't hear anything strange like that. But in bad roads I can hear the suspension sound like hissing. It just sound like every other cars.

i have a similar problem with my dzire.there is suspension noise(khatak)whenever the wheel goes through  a pot hole.i reduced the tyre pressure and now dont face the problem.

actually the wheel bounces if you follow the recc.tyre pressure

Mine is a Petrol version (Vxi).

This is NOT hissing, it's clearly metal noise.

Also hissing will not resonate.

Service Centre says this noise is there on all Dzire & Swift, hence the query!!

After the repairs with the engine, though the sound has reduced, engine became rough.

Test Drive the "TEST DRIVE" Dzire kept at the Showroom. Observe if it makes same noise as yours. If it does, then no problem. If not, then tell MASS to resolve the problem in yours and make it as the Showroom Dzire's.

?I have a Maruti Dzire bought on 16 July. The car has done about 3' date='500kms. Can any body give me some idea / causes/ remedies for the following;1) Heavy Engine Noise - Engine makes noise at 1000-1200 rpm. When accelerator is released, rpm reduces to 1200 and remains there for some time and reaches idling rpm(800). The noise is very prominent when the engine is hot .Timing belt adjusted, belt & tensioner replaced, throttle assly cleaned and finally entire assly of timing belt/tensioner/ etc etc replaced from a new car which was not having such noise. The final replacement definitely improved the situation, but the noise is still heard and engine is bit rough all thro the rpm level. Now Maruti claims that the noise level is normal!!Has anybody experienced such an issue with Dzire/Swift?2) Underbody noise - When the car is driven near a wall with open windows, very prominent noise like it is from GHUNGROO. The noise will be heard only when the road has minor uneven surface. Maruti Service Station said this is the noise from suspension and according to them it is very common on all Marutis. Anybody experienced it? Why only Maruti cars have such special&noisy shocks or springs?Thanks in advance

[/quote']

Try this for your query no 1:

Get your spark plugs replaced.... this will help.

Or

Get the on-board computer system scanned and refreshed

Or

try Both

For Query no 2:

The Ghungroo like sound comes from the huge spring wound around the Shock absorber assembly.

A work around can be....cover the spring with lining.....would cost you not more than couple of hundred...don't ask me the process as its a long one.but your mechanic should know.

marutis are prone to have rattling noise from every part of the car. am not surprised to hear this for DZire. You have to learn to live with it!

i dont think most of the cars from maruti Rattle!! i myself have a Swift VDi from more than year now and its still tooo good , with no rattles! well if the car rattles then better taketo your maruti dealer where he can fix the problem right!

Cheers!smiley17.gif

Hissing noise is because of the usage of gas-filled struts. I have a swift and i find none of these as mine is a petrol version.

I'm not complaining about the hissing, it is like all other cars. But the (strange)engine noise in Swift diesel is annoying in city traffic. Swift/Dzrie owners do you hear the rattling like sound at 1800-2000 rpm while driving slowly in bumper to bumper traffic?

I'm not complaining about the hissing' date=' it is like all other cars. But the (strange)engine noise in Swift diesel is annoying in city traffic. Swift/Dzrie owners do you hear the rattling like sound at 1800-2000 rpm while driving slowly in bumper to bumper traffic?[/quote']

what kind of sound if you can give some details please?

It sounds like rattling, but it is coming from the engine only. The service assistant tells that it is common to all Swft diesels. It arises under gradual acceleration between 1800-2000 rpm and in 1, 2, and 3 gears only. It also arises after driving some time in tight traffic, ie it gets more audible the more you drive in tight traffic with more gear changes. Out on the highway, no problem arises.

No it is not the turbo sound. To be in detail, it sounds only when slowly moving with frequent gearshifts. If I give light acceleration it comes. If I'm hard on the right pedal, no such strange noise arise.

Thanks for the replysmiley1.gif

not sure but i think you are talking about some humming sound,which comes when you gearshift early.

like we used to do in petrol engines,

try shifting the gears at a higher speed (5-7km/hr+)the sound will not come.

Hissing noise is because of the usage of gas-filled struts. I have a swift and i find none of these as mine is a petrol version.

I'm not complaining about the hissing' date=' it is like all other cars. But the (strange)engine noise in Swift diesel is annoying in city traffic. Swift/Dzrie owners do you hear the rattling like sound at 1800-2000 rpm while driving slowly in bumper to bumper traffic?
[/quote']

nopes buddy , am using a Swift VDI for more than a year and still runs like a gem no rattling no hissing!! truely wonderful it is!! but why dont you take it to your maruti dealer once and check it thorughly am sure they will be able to fix your problem!

@ankit, I shift around 2200-2500 rpm. But the sound doesn't come when I shift around 3000-3500 rpm, but it is too fast for the traffic.

@mndvishnu, The dealer from where I got the car tells that it is normal on all swifts. But we have total 3 MS dealers in my city. I'll check with the other two about this.
Crazy cat2008-12-20 06:59:57

Hi,

I  have got the new DZire and I face exactly the same problem what you have mentioned in #1.

Any luck in getting the #1 problem repaired?

Can you share your contact info, so that we can have a discussion?

Thanks and Regards,

// Rahul

Hi thumps,

I  have got the new DZire and I face exactly the same problem what you have mentioned in #1.

Any luck in getting the #1 problem repaired?

Can you share your contact info, so that we can have a discussion?

Thanks and Regards,

// Rahul

I do not own Dzire.  But, a Mahindra Xylo. 

I too experienced your problem number 2 (metallic `ghungroo - like') sound coming from rear wheels.  This is occassional and in no way affects the functioning of the drive.  My SS guys says that it is common for a new vehicle and this sound will go away after 3rd service (12 months of use or 15,000 kms).  I got the same data from more than two other SSs in two cities.   

May be that's the reason why the other Dzire users (who own the vehicle for more than a year or so) do not experience it or they must have ignored it earlier.  By the way, how many KM did you cover, so far ?  Wait till your 3rd service and see.