ABCDofcars

Planing to buy New CAR

Hello All,<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I am planning to buy a CAR...and my requirements are as below.

1) My budget --- 3 to 4.5 lac or at max 5 Lac

2) Looking for fuel efficient CAR --- No idea Petrol or diesel.

3) I have family of 5 members including my parents

4) Mostly use car only on Weekend's inside city ( <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Bangalore... So traffic is issue) and monthly once a long drive of 600 Km one way to my native.

I am normal middle class guy...so eager to get more for less money.

I request forum to suggest me good CAR....keeping not only the above 4 points...but also with you great experience.

My Knowledge is NILLLLL in this auto industry.

Thanks in Advance to all.

There are only few cars that can seat a family of 5 comfortably in the price range you quoted. Fiat Palio, Tata indica and Tata vista. I think the best option for you is to go for a petrol car as you dont have to long distance. None of the other cars in the segment are good for 5 people that includes the hyundai Santro or i10, Maruti small cars. May be you can consider the Getz or Chevrolet Uva also

I think Hyundai Getz or Suzuki Swift will be a good choice for you.  I know you said your max budget is Rs. 5 lacs but if you can stretch it to Rs. 6 lacs (and buy the car in the next few days) then the Ford Fiesta petrol is an excellent buy.

Hi ABCD, if you want to save money, try Santro, good deals are available on the Santro.

Otherwise i10 is the best in the segment.

Alternately, Indica Xeta is a spacious & VFM car, but long term reliability is an issue.

Hey... Thanks for the response....<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I am more worried about daily expenses like petrol/diesel expenses then 5 people accomadation.... So, please suggest me on good car with in 4.5 lac with good FE.

And i read few Topics in this forum...i see most of the suggestion is zeroed on to i10... is there any other option other then this car....

i came to know from the Forum that if i am looking for diesel i need to be heave user...but still i think it will reduce daily expenses on Fuel price.. please suggest.

Can Forum tell me what is the Km/liter given by few samll car in city and on highway.  Which will also help select the car?

The new Fiat Multijet engine has brought a revolution to the car industry. Usually you will find diesel car priced higher and having more maintenance and suffering from rough rid and low pickup. But this engine give more mileage than any other petrol engine at a amazing torque

Just imagine. 15km/l in city and 19km/l in highway

This wonderful engine comes in the following cars.

Fiat Palio MJD (release a year back)

Tata indica vista (new release)

swift diesel (dont ask)

You will be best equiped with one of the above cars. Tata indica vista offers the best space for a family of 5. Also its suspension is better than the other two.

have a good day

Hi ABCD,

if u r not looking for the image of the car you own(of course not a bad image) there are options like Santro, wagon R, Estilo.

These falls under 4 lakhs and have gained good reputation from first time car owners.As u prefered initial investments in these cars will be less from which u can start off.

Mileage may be for santro 12 - 13 in city and high way around 17.

Expect same performance fron wagon R/Estilo.

If u r more image consious look for swift.

U can also wait for the launch of Maruti Splash / Ritz in early 2009.

Keep option to look at an Automatic engine u have 1.2 kappa with Automatic , no idea abt mileage and other details.

Keep in mind Bangalore city driving needs a lot of braking and gear changes.

If your montly running is above 1000km then diesel would be a decent bet. I would suggest you to go for the Indigo CS .

PS : The New Indigo is coming in March/April so Tata would be giving more discounts for present Indigo models. Try waiting for a few months and you could get a good deal in the LS /LX versions

The Maruti A-Star (more fuel efficient) or the Hyundai i10 (excellent car overall but is less fuel efficient than the A-Star as the i10 engine is larger by 100cc). No point in buying an older generation car at today's prices.

In petrol, go either for the Getz1.1 or the UVA.  And go for a Vista/Palio or CS if it has to be a diesel.

On the whole i would suggest go for the Vista Quadrajet. It's contemporary, spacious, comfortable and cheap to run.

Swift D would have made a good option too but i don't think it can seat 5 comfortably and also i am not sure how fresh you and your family would be after a 1200 km round trip in a swift. The same applies for i10 and A-Star as well.

I think, u can worth wait for Hyundai i20. its launched today. may b on mid-jan 2009, they'll start their booking. so, u can go for it. its the best european car. it has style, milleage, performance n everything. i think, within 5lac(your budget) basic version i20 Magna, wil fit easily. so, go for i20, its totally 5 door car with a 5 sitting pretty easily.

I agree with karanraheja. If you drive more than 1000 Kms per month then you should go for a diesel car. This is because a diesel version costs 40K to 50K more than its petrol version. The constraints that you have given, you have no option other than Indigo CS diesel. If  you can extend your budget a bit then you can go for Indica Vista diesel or a Maruti Suzuki Swift diesel.  If you drive less than 1000 Kms think of petrol car. In the range of 4.5 lacs, other than Indigo CS petrol there are no sedans. I dont recomend Indigo CS petrol. I would recomend you to go for Maruti Suzuki Swift Vxi. It is a lovely car to drive. If you plan to take any Maruti car check with TrueValue dealers.You can find some good deals over there. So before taking any decission calculate how much Km you are going to drive per month.