ABCDofcars

Planing to buy New CAR

Hi, nobody here had suggested a proper car for you. I have some analysis for you. Your need: 1. Space 2. Boot space- when you are visiting your native with family. 3. Fuel efficiency- Monthly running assumed as 1200 kms on highway & 200 kms in city. 4. Budget Max 5 Lakhs.

A-star, I-10, Wagon-r, Estilo, Santro, Swift- All are ruled out due to lack of space inside the car and at boot.

Cars to be considered: Indica Vista, Getz prime1.3, Uva, I-20. Indigo CS, Fiat Palio.

Now if you are driving your car for 1400 kms a month & keep it for 7 years, you will drive approx 1.20 lakhs kms.

Only one diesel car (Good & latest) falls in to your budget is Vista Quadrajet base model. Difference between the price of Diesel car & petrol car (Same Version) will be around 90000. PEr Km cost ( At Current market price ) for Diesel-  37/16= 2.32, Petrol- 48/13= 3.69. Diff is 1.37. For 1.20 lakhs you will save 1.644 Lakhs in 7 years.

Addition interest cost on 90000 @ 10% p.a. = 9000, so for 7 years 63000. If you compound the interest it will be 85,400.00 Additional depreciation on 90000 will be Rs. 60000, after 7 years. Further there is a diff in maitenance, service & wear & tear of petrol car V/s Diesel car. Diesel car service will cost double than petrol. Diesel engine needed fast tyre replacement compared to petrol. So over 7 years you will end paying atleast 25000 extra in maitanance. So total addtional cost for Diesel car - 85400+60000+25000 =170400. So if you buy diesel Vista over petrol you will not save anything over 7 years. Further if the price of the petrol/diesel  is reduced further, you will end loosing money on diesel car. THIS IS DONE MY ME WHEN I WAS IN MARKET FOR BUYING CAR TWO MONTHS BACK. I TOOK PETROL GETZ OVER DIESEL VISTA.

Now Vista is much improved product compared to previous generation Indicas. Overall fit and finish & built quality is like Fiat Palio. So it will serve you perfectly for seven years. TATA is improving in all aspect, so is the service. Further it is latest product in the market and hence resae value will be better, compared to old procuct.

GETZ: Very good car, Fit & finish is superb, reliability is not issue, more boot space compared to all other cars. Will be discontinued sooner or later, so resale be problem, however spare parts will be available, 1.1 ltr underpowered when fully loaded with 5 ppl, so 1.3 makes sense for you.

U-va: Good car, not successful. GM repo is not good in market, resale price will be lower. Don't know about maitenace cost after 3 years, will be replaced with new model in year.

PALIO: Out dated car, generation old, parts are costly. resale is worst.

INDIGO CS: Fit & finish is not good, so depreciated very fast. Engine is average. Long term reliability is an issue. But carry good space inside out. Can accommodate more luggage.

I-20- If you can stretch your budget a bit, Best suited car for all your need. But  at the same price you will get Vista Quadrajet fully loaded and in that case you will save money.

Hope I m not missing any point in such a long draft. Pl do bear with me for any spelling mistakes, can't re-read to correct. update your views. Thanks & all the best.

For budget of 4.5 lakhs and family of  5

Chevy U-VA

Swift

Getz

i10

Test drive all and you will find out that some cars fits you better than the most popular car.

Chevy u-va has the best milage of all. That will be my preference if you want space for everyone.

Hi' date=' nobody here had suggested a proper car for you. I have some analysis for you. Your need: 1. Space 2. Boot space- when you are visiting your native with family. 3. Fuel efficiency- Monthly running assumed as 1200 kms on highway & 200 kms in city. 4. Budget Max 5 Lakhs.

A-star, I-10, Wagon-r, Estilo, Santro, Swift- All are ruled out due to lack of space inside the car and at boot.

Cars to be considered: Indica Vista, Getz prime1.3, Uva, I-20. Indigo CS, Fiat Palio.

Now if you are driving your car for 1400 kms a month & keep it for 7 years, you will drive approx 1.20 lakhs kms.

Only one diesel car (Good & latest) falls in to your budget is Vista Quadrajet base model. Difference between the price of Diesel car & petrol car (Same Version) will be around 90000. PEr Km cost ( At Current market price ) for Diesel-  37/16= 2.32, Petrol- 48/13= 3.69. Diff is 1.37. For 1.20 lakhs you will save 1.644 Lakhs in 7 years.
Addition interest cost on 90000 @ 10% p.a. = 9000, so for 7 years 63000. If you compound the interest it will be 85,400.00 Additional depreciation on 90000 will be Rs. 60000, after 7 years. Further there is a diff in maitenance, service & wear & tear of petrol car V/s Diesel car. Diesel car service will cost double than petrol. Diesel engine needed fast tyre replacement compared to petrol. So over 7 years you will end paying atleast 25000 extra in maitanance. So total addtional cost for Diesel car - 85400+60000+25000 =170400. So if you buy diesel Vista over petrol you will not save anything over 7 years. Further if the price of the petrol/diesel  is reduced further, you will end loosing money on diesel car. THIS IS DONE MY ME WHEN I WAS IN MARKET FOR BUYING CAR TWO MONTHS BACK. I TOOK PETROL GETZ OVER DIESEL VISTA.

Now Vista is much improved product compared to previous generation Indicas. Overall fit and finish & built quality is like Fiat Palio. So it will serve you perfectly for seven years. TATA is improving in all aspect, so is the service. Further it is latest product in the market and hence resae value will be better, compared to old procuct.
GETZ: Very good car, Fit & finish is superb, reliability is not issue, more boot space compared to all other cars. Will be discontinued sooner or later, so resale be problem, however spare parts will be available, 1.1 ltr underpowered when fully loaded with 5 ppl, so 1.3 makes sense for you.
U-va: Good car, not successful. GM repo is not good in market, resale price will be lower. Don't know about maitenace cost after 3 years, will be replaced with new model in year.
PALIO: Out dated car, generation old, parts are costly. resale is worst.
INDIGO CS: Fit & finish is not good, so depreciated very fast. Engine is average. Long term reliability is an issue. But carry good space inside out. Can accommodate more luggage.
I-20- If you can stretch your budget a bit, Best suited car for all your need. But  at the same price you will get Vista Quadrajet fully loaded and in that case you will save money.

Hope I m not missing any point in such a long draft. Pl do bear with me for any spelling mistakes, can't re-read to correct. update your views. Thanks & all the best.

[/quote']

Very good analysis beneficial for all who are planning to buy a new car .I also feels the same that instead of buying diesel car at higher price better to buy a petrol car at cheaper rate if your daily running is not too high
unknownbullet2008-12-31 15:28:50

Thanks a lot Bullet. Happy New Year and all the best for new year. The generator of the thread -ABCD of Car- have not responded till date, though this analysis is very important for him. Cheers.

hey go for i10 auto(thats the only i10 variant i like to drive) or indica vista(for more space , comfort and VALUE FOR MONEY). If want to buy a sedan then go for---

1. diesel - tata indigo[or probably indigo XL(for more luxury)]. i u can wait then wait for the NEW INDIGO VISTA till march 2009.

2. petrol - in pertol u can choose b/w Tata indigo , honda city or SX4. Honda city would make u dipress in terms of maintainance and mileage.

My vote would go for TATA INDIGO(both pertol/diesel) for its luxury, space, n performance...

Thanks a lot Bullet. Happy New Year and all the best for new year. The generator of the thread -ABCD of Car- have not responded till date' date=' though this analysis is very important for him. Cheers.
[/quote']

Happy New Year To You Too

Can you please give me a suggestion  which car is better to buy

between

(i) A star ,spark and i-10

&

(ii) Swift Lxi, Aveo -UVA  & Indigo CS - GLX

Though cars are very different in nature but as youn have analysed so well I hope you can ompare these as well

(i) A star - not worth in terms of seating and luxury
    spark- value for money. good fuel economy too of 15 to 17 kpl.
    i-10 - good package but less fuel efficiect than spark

(ii) Swift Lxi - become old
      Aveo -UVA - not good response
      Indigo CS - GLX - good package,value for money

from my side you should buy(if concerned with hatch back) chevrolet spark. but in case you want more luxury then go for i10.

well above all indigo cs is the best car for you... a sedan at the price of a htach back......

go for indigo cs

(i) A star - not worth in terms of seating and luxury
    spark- value for money. good fuel economy too of 15 to 17 kpl.
    i-10 - good package but less fuel efficiect than spark

(ii) Swift Lxi - become old
      Aveo -UVA - not good response
      Indigo CS - GLX - good package' date='value for money

from my side you should buy(if concerned with hatch back) chevrolet spark. but in case you want more luxury then go for i10.

well above all indigo cs is the best car for you... a sedan at the price of a htach back......

go for indigo cs

[/quote']

Thanks for your advice

Actually I have to buy two cars one big and one small but big doesn't mean it costs too high ,means requirement is just that 5 people can sit easily,so i think Indigo CS would be good spacious and not too costly ,other one spark is good but if you have some other choice  also please tell.

unknownbullet2009-01-05 16:11:26

Hi, instead of buying CS, wait for Indigo Vista to launch.. Though it might be bit costly than CS, it will be worth investing, because of built quality of Vista. A-sart, I-10 and Santro are biggest competitors of Spark, check all the car and decide based on your requirement. All the best.

hi

after reading your requirements i think if u drive car for more than 1500 km per month than only the deisel is good otherwise go for petrol one.

For good looks , maintenence , fuel efficiency and good to drive in a budget of 5 lac the only car for u is i10

Hey unknownbullet ,<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

U R feedback, suggestion had really helped me to decide... I am going for New Tata indica vista ... Reason I see here is spare part, availability and cost of service... cost of fuel in this unstable financial world and co passenger setting comfort & driver comfort.

I had took test drive today... it was 100% good when compared to A-Star

Hey unknownbullet ' date='

U R feedback, suggestion had really helped me to decide... I am going for New Tata indica vista ... Reason I see here is spare part, availability and cost of service... cost of fuel in this unstable financial world and co passenger setting comfort & driver comfort.

I had took test drive today... it was 100% good when compared to A-Star

[/quote']

Thanks for your reponse.

Hope you will enjoy your ride in VISTA

Hello All' date='

I am planning to buy a CAR...and my requirements are as below.

1) My budget --- 3 to 4.5 lac or at max 5 Lac

2) Looking for fuel efficient CAR --- No idea Petrol or diesel.

3) I have family of 5 members including my parents

4) Mostly use car only on Weekend's inside city ( Bangalore... So traffic is issue) and monthly once a long drive of 600 Km one way to my native.

I am normal middle class guy...so eager to get more for less money.

I request forum to suggest me good CAR....keeping not only the above 4 points...but also with you great experience.

My Knowledge is NILLLLL in this auto industry.

Thanks in Advance to all.

[/quote']

With THe budget you said

Swift VXI seems the best bet.

Just go for it.