jbond830

spark or palio for 3.3 lakhs?

Hi everyone.

Now that we got lots of discounts going and the 4% tax cut, what will you buy?

cute & peppy spark - 3.10 lakhs

rock solid palio 1.1 - 3.4 lakhs

What would you guys choose if you where to buy a car for the new year? I will buying one of these for the new year.

what do you want from ur car?..i mean ur priorities...

the spark is the newer, fresher kid on the block..in comparison to the palio, it loses out on space and practicality, build quality..

as for the rest, it does most things better than the palio..better features and performance as well..

the spark has good discounts, and the 3yr maintenance plan is an added bonus.

i am tilting towards the spark..

yes its better we understand what you want from the car to make appropriate suggestions! both cars are good in their own ways, i will choose spark as its a newer model than Palio.

am so glad that you didnt even think of A-Star!

depends on what you want

spark is small but efficient and palio larger and more comfortable

both are low on power but the palio considerably more so

the palio also won't be as efficient as the much smaller and lighter

Spark  

y priority is mostly city driving with occasional weekend gateways. I have test driven both spark and palio. Spark wins hands down for city commute.

Palio matters because I was stunned by the driver comfort it offers. The pic shows driver seating positions.

Take note of the Red arrows.

Bent knees tucked under the dash board

2 Heel not relaxed

3 no thigh support

driverpt2.png

driverrf9.png

I am 6 ft tall(not too tall). In case of Swift/vista, during long drives I feel really uncomfortable in my left leg because my heels are not at all in ease. My whole leg is tucked under the dash board, I have to sit erect like in a chair, knees bent, no thigh support.

But, the palio was completely different. My knees where relaxed, good thigh support, moreover its like a glide. Also, there was a dead pedal to relax your left foot. 

But, Palio turning radius is bad for U-turns(5.1m). Other than that the steering is precise and very swift. Its initial pickup in 1st and 2nd gears are slow. But one can achieve a good speed in palio in highways because its gear shift is designed for high way cruising, especially in the 3rd, 4th and 5th gears. The Palio build quality(the amount of steel used, the 'thud noise') are outstanding. Its weights 990kg compared to spark 840kg, swift 980kg and vista 1.3 1140kg.

So, I concluded that the palio is best suited for people who drive a lot in highways and who need driver comfort.

jbond8302008-12-08 12:45:02

totally agree to your comments on Palio. Palio 1.1 is little underpowered, but the other features that you mentioned will def make palio win.

It is definelty a comfortable car, if you compared it with swift, palio is a lot better car!

check how much of discounts you get for Palio.. keep us posted!

i wouldnt buy any of the two cause'

fiat 1.1 is heavily underpowered and i want free revving cars but at this price its a good buy.

spark- no offence to owners but the cars shape doesnt looks masculine to me and when i test drove it my knee was constantly fouling with the centre console and the head space was really less.

i would buy the hyundai santro at 2.99 lacs which is far better than the both !!!

i wouldnt buy any of the two cause'

fiat 1.1 is heavily underpowered and i want free revving cars but at this price its a good buy.

spark- no offence to owners but the cars shape doesnt looks masculine to me and when i test drove it my knee was constantly fouling with the centre console and the head space was really less.

i would buy the hyundai santro at 2.99 lacs which is far better than the both !!!

I am 6ft and I test drove the spark. The head space was more than average and  my knee did not hit the console, but I had a restricted movement since my legs were tugged under the console.  Other than that I felt like handling a bike, it was so damn easy to drive.

hey jbond maybe due to your height u sit too far from the steering...but many auto mags have testified to the centre console fouling with the knee but definitely sitting in spark feels claustrophobic comparing with santro,wagonr or zen.

but its a good car for cities where it can squeeze into tightest of spots.

well its not because i am owning the car but spark is much roomier and its having good headroom when compare to Zen...

well m close to 6feet and never had any problem with Headroom although centre console is a problem but when i test drove it before buying even i had a problem with centre console but after driving it for 5 min all was gone and ride was comfortable..

Well Palio is sturdy, well built, comfortable car but with underpowered engine and extremely bad interiors...if you go on highways often than go with palio else spark...

I like palio especially the looks with new lights but interiors are so bad that even if good deal is available on such a good car, i cant go with its interiors, it were better with all black....

Yup, although its size is smaller but the boot space has been decreased to give maximum cabin space and it has a roomy cabin and its much more comfortable than wagonR as its ride quality is good although wagonR has more space but no comfort is felt...But if palio is considered Spark stands nowhere when comfort, space is considered...