Durango Dude

Why is Hyundai Elantra is an underdog...

Hi all,

When I was shopping for a new petrol car two years back, I had a look at Optra, City, Indigo and Elantra. The Optra was not that loaded, the City was barebones basic and had a premium, Indigo...oh god, for buying that Id rather keep my six year old Accent. Finally the Elantra GLS(petrol) was fully loaded and had excellent service back up and came at a good price, so I went ahead and bought it. It has given me good service for almost 2 years and is very comfortable and plush, gives me around 7 kmpl in the city and around 14 on the highway. It has good safety kit: ABS, EBD, BAS and all round disc brakes and Dual airbags. It rides like a dream even on poor to moderate roads. And I havent spent a penny in service for the last two years, comes with a 4 yr/80,000 km warranty. And it maintains a cool 120 kmph on the highway and you dont even realise it. And has that all important ground clearance which is 185 mm; thats soo important for our roads. All in all a great car, and costed me a little more than the City VTEC which at that time had nothing in the form of safety kit. Any of you guys going for a 1800 cc vehicle should give Elantra a try...It may not have the image of a Civic or a Corolla but will grow on you over time and sure to give you a smile as you drive on, like it did to me. Moreover even my family loves it. Elantra and me the honeymoon continues.....

Hi DD,

Good that you listen to your senses more than instincts and now that has paid off by giving you trouble free motoring.  Hyundai cars always have a brilliant package but sadly the Elantra hasnt done as well as it should.  May be they can redesign the front end to make it more appealing.  We guys tend to have fixations about certain products and many good cars have vanished from the market due to problems not really inherent in them. 

Jitz

Just check out the new Elantra(ok, not exactly new.. its been around in other markets). Its totally cool, be it the looks, goodies or the powertrain. The good news is: its coming here pretty soon! Im sure it will plug all the gaps that the previous gen Elantra had, especially the styling part..

When Elentra was introduced no one common man knew about ABS,EDB and BAS .It had set new safety standards for the sedans in that category . Remember that Chinese kind of advertizment.