sumittechnocrat

Esteem vs Accent !!!!

Hi friends ............today i went to take a test ride of Esteem and Accent..............well Esteem might the value for money but i really did not feel as if i am driving a sedan..........but yes ..........i think accent still has its charm........it was so comfortable and stylish ...........the esteem , which i took for a test drive had already made 48000 km so far........and the Accent had already covered 85000 ............but i felt as if Accent is a new car and Esteem as if it has been rugged for many years.............i did not get 1 thing does all esteems come to such a condition after 40 to 50 thousand kms.........or it was the case with only that particular car ???

ohh Sumit  i think its because some of the test drive people drive rash. and of course esteem is cramped when compared with accent . but i heard some one in this forum telling that if we wait for some time maruti will come with huge offers ffor esteem and it may come upto rs 80k discount . letz wait and see however Maruti may soon come out with still mroe better offers for esteem and by then it may be a good buy.

Sumit accent is a very good car atleast much better than esteem.Esteems engineering is very old but accent still looks new and is very good while driving it still feels like some of the biggies. I told you before only go for accent its best for you.

I have owned an Accent for six years...go for the Accent. But get the car thoroughly checked out before u put ur money. It has a real chiller of an a/c and a soft ride and decent pickup and easy steering. Is it the CRDI or the petrol, better go for the 1.6 with ABS. Yes Accents brakes tend to fade, over time and ABS will surely help.

I had an Esteem (carb) for 6-1/2 years which I changed for an Accent just over 5 years ago. So I have owned both.

The Accent has better creature comforts, but the Esteem is a far better car to drive. Also, it is more economical. The need for spares on the Esteem is less than for the Accent, but it does to pick up rattles in a couple of years. Costs are about the same for either. Only Maruti spares (and service) is available all over while for the Acent you are dependent on the company outlets.

If you are technically inclined Maruti Workshop Manuals are (or at least used to) be easily available, while Hyundai guards them like Mama Bear.