piyush123

City,Civic,Jetta,Laura & Corolla - Help me choose

corolla altis is the best vfm package amongst ur options and its a very sensible choice as well.

But if diesel is your priority than Jetta is for you...

I've pretty much narrowed my choice down to the Corolla and Jetta :).  Unless VW drops the price or the dealer/VW increases the discount significantly in the next 2 - 3 weeks most likely it will be the Corolla.

I'm hoping discounts will go up in 2 weeks and I'll buy it this year.  If not I'll buy the car in January.

Thank you to

corolla altis is the best vfm package amongst ur options and its a very sensible choice as well.

But if diesel is your priority than Jetta is for you...

I've pretty much narrowed my choice down to the Corolla and Jetta :).  Unless VW drops the price or the dealer/VW increases the discount significantly in the next 2 - 3 weeks most likely it will be the Corolla.

I'm hoping discounts will go up in 2 weeks and I'll buy it this year.  If not I'll buy the car in January.

Thank you to every one for their suggestions!

Sorry for the double post.  I don't have editing rights so I can't fix it :(.

if he wants a diesel he can even take a look at sonata embera...its a vfm package when compared against jetta and laura !!!!

For some reason I'm not a big fan of the Sonata.  I agree that it's a great VFM package though!

Hi Piyush' date='

I am also looking for new altis. DSK toyota is offering 14.10 for automatic and 15 K discount. Are you getting better deal?

[/quote']

You should be. However, if you plan to keep a car long term (say 5 years or more) then you should probably ignore minor variations in price across brands, and also the resale value. Gof or the car you like.

In general the best way is to play two dealers against each other to get the best price out of them.

both the civic and altis will have excellent resale values !!!

You are missing the point. Resale becomes increasingly irrelevant as you keep the car for a number of years!

Taking a 20% per year depreciation after five years the price will be less than a third of what you paid for it. With a 25% depreciation it will be less that a quarter.

I am planning to keep it for more than 5 years for sure.

I wonder if Toyota comes with CNG version next month for corolla.

I am looking for automatic model only. In Pune, we have only one dealer DSK Toyota. OTR is 14.10 INR, current discount is 15 K INR. Not sure about best deal. I appriciate your advice.

The dealer in Pune is giving Rs. 30,000 discount.  The dealers in Bombay are giving Rs. 50,000 discount!  In my opinion this make the Altis an extremely hot deal!

Does any one know if the discounts on Civic, Jetta or Laura have gone up at all in the last few days?

Thanks!

Hi..just bought a new Jetta 1.9tdi and Im glad I did so. I have the new 2009 model which comes with an upgraded music system - RCD 310 with an aux input.  It also comes with a set of Goodyear tyres and not the Continentals in the 2008 model. The ride on the Goodyears is great, altough Ive bought down the tyre pressure to 32 psi instead of the 46 psi recommended.

Im hoping that VW plans to have more dealers in Mumbai because the one dealer they have in Mumbai does not seem very good.  They are the same ones who had the Honda dealership (Ichibaan Honda) and Ive had three Honda cars which I bought through them and the service and repair experience Ive had with them in the past with my Hondas was hellish. They were only out to fleece customers with poor job quality...guess its the times we live in now.

But Im hoping they've got their act together.

All in all...this is a great car...the engine...ride ...build quality etc. I going to enjoy this experience.

Hey buddy,1st of all congrats on your buy, its a great car but somehow i wasnt impress with the enigne and  kindly give the informations about your car like, its color, which model you bought, at what price and whats all the equipment your car has..

I finalized on the Fiat Linea Diesel Emotion Pack :-). 

Thanks to everyone for all the help!
Oh congrats but why from Corolla, Jetta, Altis to directly Linea....I mean though the car is great and packed with features and can stand against any premium D segment cars except engine but still...

This car is really awesome and worth every rupee..Congrats again ...Good Choice...

I have driven Jetta and Linea both and this 9lac is better than that 14.5lac car...

Which colour you chose and whats delivery period..

hey Piyush - I just happened to read your blog now & I was about to advice you on Linea, but read in your latest comments that you already chose Linea - Man Congratulations on the perfect choice. I like the car myself personally, but you will realise your choice very soon. Believe me you will always be proud for this choice of yours. Congratulations once again & do post pics if you can of this amazing car.

And Piyush if you have any questions in terms of its technology and why certain things in the car are in a certain manner- please feel free to ask me.

This is the most practical car you can think of.

Thanks for the offer.  Do you work for them?

Congrats...piyush!

But why was this discussion then .. when you have not listed the CAR in the discussion?

I finalized on the Fiat Linea Diesel Emotion Pack :-). 

Thanks to everyone for all the help!
Oh congrats but why from Corolla' date=' Jetta, Altis to directly Linea....I mean though the car is great and packed with features and can stand against any premium D segment cars except engine but still...

This car is really awesome and worth every rupee..Congrats again ...Good Choice...

I have driven Jetta and Linea both and this 9lac is better than that 14.5lac car...

Which colour you chose and whats delivery period..
[/quote']

hey Piyush - I just happened to read your blog now & I was about to advice you on Linea' date=' but read in your latest comments that you already chose Linea - Man Congratulations on the perfect choice. I like the car myself personally, but you will realise your choice very soon. Believe me you will always be proud for this choice of yours. Congratulations once again & do post pics if you can of this amazing car.[/quote']

Piyush' date=' congrats on your new set of wheels, excellent car with loads of features in that price.Looking forward to hear more of your experience with some cool pics, which colour did u opted mate , do share.CHEERS!!!

[/quote']

Thanks!!

Actually I didn't get a chance to finalize on the Corolla in December and then decided to test drive the Linea in early January.  Once I test drove it my decission was made and I booked it the Black Emotion Pack.

Delivery was promised in 2 - 3 weeks and should have happened already but the dealer is claiming Fiat didn't make enough Emotion Packs and the delivery will be delayed.  I even told the dealer I will accept any colour if it's ready but no luck!  I hope Fiat isn't up to their old games again!!!!