piyush123

City,Civic,Jetta,Laura & Corolla - Help me choose

And Piyush if you have any questions in terms of its technology and why certain things in the car are in a certain manner- please feel free to ask me.

This is the most practical car you can think of.

Thanks for the offer.  Do you work for them?

Piyush- I dont work for them, its just that since the time Fiat decided to launch the Grande Punto world wide, I have been following them. I work for a software company in Bangalore.

Well Black colour seems to be good coz the car has good looks, strong and has lots of chrome and european generally have good fit & finish so congrats again..

Waiting for pics..

I just love that car, i have been convincing my father for that car although he is interested in more expensive Altis but somehow i am in love with Linea although Corolla is really good but still..He is impressed by the features and price but he is worried about FIAT...

Well to me now only thing missing in Linea is Sunroof...I think Fiat should give it as optional, because for the car at this price, sunroof will appeal a lot and buyer in a budget of 10lacs can spend more for Topend Linea to get sunroof and also Xenon lampsbluesapphire2009-02-17 09:22:38

As for the sun roofs,Fiat has got some of the best sunroofs for their models including 500 , Gp , Bravo & Linea in other parts of the world. And the sunroof comes in a style where half the car's roof is tinted glass & part of it opens as sunroof lid.

Guess it all depends on how many indians prefer it & how much importance it is to indian customers.

I finalized on the Fiat Linea Diesel Emotion Pack :-). 

Thanks to everyone for all the help!

Looks like I might have to cancel my Linea booking.  I booked it 7 weeks ago and the dealer promised delivery in 3 weeks.  The dealer cannot give me a firm delivery date.  Looks like Fiat is upto it's old games again :(.  Hopefully they will deliver the car in the next few days as I was really looking forward to it.

Ahh thats really bad...I think you should write your problems to Fiat India via mail' date=' may be they help you as sometimes dealers dont behave properly..[/quote']

I sent an e-mail to Tata Motors today.  I couldn't find an e-mail id on FIAT India's website.

What reason are they giving for the delay?' date=' is it because of the colour?[/quote']

The dealer claims that FIAT didn't anticipate the demand for the Emotion Pack and hence the delay.

you know what go for the corolaa altis top end!

it has an excellent ride, the engine is as quiet as a slapped kid and its deccent to drive too!

If youre going for the linea multijet diesel, be warned!

The engine is SHATTERINGLY LOUD!

Go for the fire petrol, it's sluggish, but comfy and quiet, and btw , youre gona b chauffered right?

by looking at ur monthly running it is good fr if u go fr a diesel version n skoda is gearing up to launch the new laura in india after some time n jetta is a very good car it has fabulous build quality well never let u down it ride is smooth n comfertable 

you know what go for the corolaa altis top end!
it has an excellent ride' date=' the engine is as quiet as a slapped kid and its deccent to drive too!
If youre going for the linea multijet diesel, be warned!
The engine is SHATTERINGLY LOUD!
Go for the fire petrol, it's sluggish, but comfy and quiet, and btw , youre gona b chauffered right?[/quote']

I didn't find the engine that loud in the two cars that I test drove!  Yep, only about 20% will be self drive.

by looking at ur monthly running it is good fr if u go fr a diesel version n skoda is gearing up to launch the new laura in india after some time n jetta is a very good car it has fabulous build quality well never let u down it ride is smooth n comfertable 

If the Linea doesn't pan out I'll probably buy the base version of the Corolla.  It's available at a bargain right now!

But did Tata motors replied you' date=' yes i even i tried to get Email of Fiat india but failed..they have not mentioned any email on their site..[/quote']

Yes, they replied back within 1 business day and claim that I will have my car by the end of this week.  I'm skeptical but let's see.

go for the corola
it is silent refined' date=' comfy, spacious and has a good equipment list, altough if you go for the top version, you'll be counting them![/quote']

If I don't get the Linea in a week or so I will go for the base Corolla.

Piyush: What offer are you getting for Corolla and in which city?

Dealers in Bombay were offering Rs. 70,000 discount on the car but this was before the price hike was announced.  Not sure if they've reduced the discount now.  Are you in the market to buy one?  What kind of discounts have you seen?

No luck with delivery yet.  They keep telling me I will get the car in 2 - 3 days but based on their previous track record I have my doubts.  It looks like I will have to cancel soon :(.

hi

as far as a car which is to be best in your list . I will say go and buy civic . Laura and Jetta are most expensive to maintain ,even their maintenence is as much that u can drive a petrol engine.and my friend petrol engine is like u r driving a aeroplane. civic is having everything best except ground clearence. so if u need good ground clearence then laura is best.

I finally got delivery of the Linea a couple of days ago.  A delay of 7 weeks!!So far so good.  Haven't found it underpowered in Pune traffic.  Rear seat seems a little cramped for a car of it's size but it isn't too bad.  Bought floor mats - Rs 1,000 and beige art leather seat covers - Rs. 7,000.  The only thing remaining now is Sun film.