prab1990

Aveo UVA query

Hi

My dad is thinking of purchasing aveo uva LS model. how good is it? i have heard it doesnt hav good perfromance.we dont mind the low performance as dad usually drives slow.most imp is interior space, comfort, boot space( for picking up people from station/airport) and FE is not that important as usage is quite low. ( our alto has run only17500 kms in 5years 3months) so usage is quite low but still FE should be acceptable. we have decided for rainforest color. we are getting a good deal @ 4.55 lacs on road delhi. please advice should we go ahead with it?which color wud luk gud on it? is chevrolet service fine? and how is resale value of this car? please advice soon. your advice would be very helpful

Hello prab1990! smiley1.gif

Well, i don't think that it makes much sense to opt for U-Va when you have other good cars around! Hyundai will soon launch its i20(maybe in jan) which is worth wait car!....otherwise if you don't want to wait, ill suggest you to go for swift!.its much better!

Test drive both - Swift and U-Va and in whichever you feel comfy opt for it!

..but swift is still better IMO, and as its a MSIL so it has excellent customer service!...n MSIL has recently cut its price which makes deal even more sweeter!..smiley17.gif.or as i've already suggested, if you can wait then its simply the  i20!All the best!smiley1.gif
vibhor2008-12-11 09:52:26

thanx  for the advice my dad doesnt like the swift and uva has more space and performence doesnt matter so swift is out of consideration. i20 myt be an option when will it be launched and @ what price. our budget is already fully streched and we cant go beyond this so please suggest sumthing within this budget

thanx  for the advice my dad doesnt like the swift and uva has more space and performence doesnt matter so swift is out of consideration. i20 myt be an option when will it be launched and @ what price. our budget is already fully streched and we cant go beyond this so please suggest sumthing within this budget
Welcome buddy!..hmm...if your dad doesn't like swift then i think its better to wait for i20 it will be launched in Jan 09 and i guess atleast the base model will be in your budget!..so if you can wait then it opt for it!smiley1.gif

Swift should be the last vehicle on your consideration list (or atleast just ahead of other marutis that is :) ). It's cramped all over and less said abt the boot the better. U-VA fits your bill but do consider the fact that it's rumoured to be getting a model change and also GM is not in the pink of its health. Why not try a Indigo CS? it's got passenger as well as boot space. Fairly reliable and reasonable on maintenance too.

U-VA should be good. It has a premium look than the swift. The swift is performance car(good engine). But are you gonna take you car to a race, compromising mainly driver comfort and also passenger comfort.

UVA & I20 wont differ a lot in space. But I20 is new and will look big. 

If you want driver comfort, then let me give you a hint. Look for cars which have a pointed long nose (hood) w.r.t their body. i.e palio, getz, u-va, etc.. These car provide good leg space for the driver and front passenger. Your legs will be in a relaxed position all the time.

In the swift, you will experience a tight driving position. You can relax in swift. Highway driving is miserable.

Prab 1990.For space factor U-va is a good car.. However, it lacks appeal and due to bad repo. of GM it failed in the market. Rear seat width and legroom are very good but, it lacks head room. Recently when I sit inside the car, at rear seat near window, my head was just touching the roof.. I m 5.9. So just try yourself. Again boot space is not much. Compared to U-va, Getz has bigger rear seat space and  boot space. Getz has biggest boot in all hatches. Though I -20 is going to be launched in Jan (it will be much above your budget), Getz is a very good car, if you want to keep it for 5-6 years. It drives like a Saloon. 1.1 ltr GEtz feels bit underpowered, but 1.3 is good. Hence your driving is bery less, you can opt for Indica vista as well as Indigo CS. Compared to U-va, Getz, vista and CS are better option overall. Test drive all the car and analyse in detail. All the best.

guys i just saw the AD for palio sport 1.6 today and its available for 4.3-4.5 lacs on road delhi. i am also taking this into consideration. plz guys give me some more info and reviews about palio. how is it?? are there any palio1.2/1.6 owners here who can help me out by sharing their experiences?

Well go for 1.6lt if you want excess power but the Fe ,interior and good to feel factor is lot so you can forget this if you wanna loose all this . But palio has a good boot for your airport pick so i think this will suit you more than uva but it is a segment lower than uva.

guys i just saw the AD for palio sport 1.6 today and its available for 4.3-4.5 lacs on road delhi. i am also taking this into consideration. plz guys give me some more info and reviews about palio. how is it?? are there any palio1.2/1.6 owners here who can help me out by sharing their experiences?

Hey prab, Don't go for Palio, I have used palio 1.2 for 7 years / 65000 kms. It is no doubt that car is Superb, Build quality is like Tank. Most spacious comfortable commuter. But it has finished it's life.

Fiat was very pathetic in service and spare were costing mind blowing.. Availability of spares are also not proper. Though my car didn't require any spare part till 55k, but after that even small problem costs heavily on the pocket.

Further The F.E was reduced to 8 km/l once it cross 55k. After no. of efforts it didn't improve.

Palio's interior is generation old and Fiat is not able to upgrade in Stile model.

Further, the resale value of Palio is worst. Nobody is ready to take palio, so it takes 3 months sell and I have to sold at price too lower comapared to expected price. It was sold at a half the price of same spec Santro.

Hope I have given enough reason against palio. But keep in mind that Palio as a car is just Superb. GEtz, Uva, Swift and Vista can't be compared with palio at all. FIAT as a company, is the culprit and not the car itself.

Try to go for latest and successfull product, so when you sell your car down the lin 7-8 years, you get good resale value.

Al the best.

well for ur advice. i hav a u-va LS model. it is serving as well..overall d car is gud..fe is around 12-13 kmpl in city and 16-17kmpl in highways. d boot space is decent compared to santro and i10..but the difference in boot space is not much as compared to getz..

I hab booked UVA-LT last month but have cancelled the booking now. GM is in peril in US and may go bankrupt as govt is not being able to help right now. I like that car and chose it from among swift,getz and uva but fear that it may go down matiz way if GM goes down.

very true vineet, GM future is not sure as of now and also its operations around world is definately goin to affect, so as for now its better not to go for GM cars and think abt getz or swift or wait for new launches due in short time.

hmmm...how can anybody say with conviction that GM America wont affect GM India? Infact, its wrong to say GM America, since it the GM, I mean parent company of all GM brands all over the world. IMO it is immature to say that indian subsidiary will continue unharmed when the parent company dies. I guess we all know what happened to Lehman Brothers India when Lehman Brothers (America!) went down or what happened to Daewoo India when Daewoo (Korea!!) went down.

Chevrolet has this promise of 3-year free maintainence at a time when the

parent company is not confident of lasting even 3 weeks!!!

@rssh:

"Such things happen all the time".....that is the most childish thing i have heard in these bad times...do u know that GM is the biggest car maufacturer in the world and is on verge of bankruptcy right now?? I bet such things dont happen very often !!!

well its all part of the free market type economy in USA they have losses ,gains etc every year but GM won't survive in USA and I never said it won't effect India as much time have  changed pal chevy has established it self in India with just blue print of car from parent company . Many companies are going global so that even if it crashes in a country it will have enough to survive in other.