soundar

Swift Vs i10 Kappa

The budget is around 5L. The main usage could be 100 kms per week in city and a weekend long drive. The main considerations are fuel efficiency over long run, maintenance and comfort in the interiors.

Can you help me choose between these two..

I guess there are already threads between Swift vs i10kappa.

1. Fuel efficiency : I think i10 is marginally above Swift in efficiency. Im getting regularly 11-12km/ l in bumper to bumper traffic with 80% A/c in my Swift P.

i10 could just be marginally ahead here.

2. Both cars would be easy to maintain .

3. Both cars aint that roomy and rear seat doesnt have too much room.

IMO i think Swift feels a class above and is more powerful. I think Swift VXI model should be apt for you. If your running was heavy on highway i would have recommended Swift ZXI - which has all features ( ABS , Auto Climate control, alloys & Airbags)

well swift is a great car but if u need good interiors and FE go for the i10 , all the swift have ratelling problem .

the ride in the LXI & VXI is bumpy than the ZXI because of the tyre and rim difference , u will notice this when u drive a VXI & ZXI

u can consider the A star also

if u are zeroed in between swift n i10 , then go for the i10

reason

good gear shifting

good interiors

good FE

comfy ride

i think swift is the better deal of the two...it is a great performer...i10 i feel is a bit overpriced...the pricing of certain models of i10 and swift is similar...but swift is a bigger car and hence a better choice.

Since the discussion involves Swift here i thought i might as well as my question in this thread:

I am in the market for a sub 6 lakh - diesel hatch and would like to know if the Swift VDi can be retrofitted with a rear defogger? I drive a lot in the rains and i don't want some one to just sneak up behind me with out my knowledge!!

both versions of i10 i feel are overpriced...its a good small car with premium interiors but i10 is overpiced by atleast 25,000 bucks....swift especially petrol is vfm package and the black interiors looks real sporty and its zippy performance is really great.

swift is a better choice than i10.

If u have narrowed down to i10 and swift I wud prefer u going to swift.

i10 is basically a replacement model for santro in global markets.In India its positioned as a premium product in terms of price with santro.

This is in contrast with swift which as a product itself is positioned higher not only in terms of price alone but other factors as well.

Swift is a great car and it has adequate engine performance from existing G series engine.Good high way manners and decent ride quality.

The flush,texture and feel factor of interiors are really great and they are really good to feel rather than just see them as a car with dark cabin.

So I recommend u going to Zxi variant which is excellant VFM with alloys shod with 195/60 R14 rubber , climate control AC, ABS , rear viper and other goodies..

Regards,

Preetham.V

I would personally advice you to go for the Swift. In the recent study by the JD Power, Maruti Suzuki Swift has also topped in the premium compact car segment. It is one of the highest running cars on Indian roads. Being a Maruti car, the cost of maintenance is also low.

Swift is segment higher than i10..

But still if i have to choose between the 2, i would go for i10 kappa magna..

For its Interiors, looks, Build quality which being a lower segment car is much better than Swift, its roomy and not claustrophobic, mileage, Ride quality, etc..

And even Hyundai has many service centres..
bluesapphire2008-12-26 08:55:06

It should be the swift any day! Swift is one segment higher and is a much better driver's car! It has a great driving positon. Getting in and out of the car { in the front} is so easy that you feel like its an softroader sort of an suv sometimes!

Ii0 is good and may be better than cars like indica,santro,spark,a-star but not as good as the swift!

and cmon, the swift is an iconic car , as good as a fiat 500 in Italy!

my uncle has swift Vxi and he is pretty happy with the performance.. and even i would suggest Swift..

but read a lot about the Kappa too.. if you get to know good response of the kappa market.then go for i10..will be the best choice..

its better than the iRDE and epsilon engine by hyundai..

but if nay confusions arising!!then simply go for Swift..

though hyundai i10 is a very good car but its over-priced....the i10 kappa magna and swift vxi virtually have the same price but swift belongs to a segment higher...so i think swift is a better choice !!!

I took a short test drive in the Swift ZXI some three years ago; and I must say it just blew me away by it's refinement and handling, etc. I haven't test driven the i10 as yet. I'd plonk my money on the Swift any day, you can't go wrong with a Swift, be it petrol or diesel.

I feel i 10 Kappa would be a better choice. A great car and now Hyundai is offering HUGE DISCOUNTS roughly Rs50' date='000. It would be a good buy now. [/quote'] i think these discounts are on IRDe variants and not on Kappa..