• Honda Accord
    • VW Jetta
    • Audi A4
    • Tata Indica Vista
    • Mitsubishi Outlander
    • Honda City
    • Maruti A-Star

Thanks jbond!Very nice info! smiley1.gif

...but....as you said, "Maruti 800 is more stable, comfortable & aerodynamically superior than most new cars."
....err...is this really true?..800 is aerodynamically superior than most of the latest cars!..i dont think so!..i still have a doubt!smiley24.gif
vibhor2008-12-13 17:12:28

...but....as you said' date=' "Maruti 800 is more stable, comfortable & aerodynamically superior than most new cars."

....err...is this really true?..800 is aerodynamically superior than most of the latest cars!..i dont think so!..i still have a doubt!smiley24.gif

[/quote']

No harm in boosting about 800 at its silver jubliee. In fact, what I said is mostly true. Compare 800 with i10, WagonR, estillo, santro, .versa.....

The 800 has low center of gravity with a slopping hood. The driver irrespective of his height always finds a comfortable position. (something you find in A-star). Also 800 is 10 cm lesser in width compared to A-star. It does not have thick A-pillar, hence providing a good view for the driver. These aspects make it best suited for the city.

...but....as you said' date=' "Maruti 800 is more stable, comfortable & aerodynamically superior than most new cars."
[/quote']

No harm in boosting about 800 at its silver jubliee. In fact, what I said is mostly true. Compare 800 with i10, WagonR, estillo, santro, .versa.....
The 800 has low center of gravity with a slopping hood. The driver irrespective of his height always finds a comfortable position. (something you find in A-star). Also 800 is 10 cm lesser in width compared to A-star. It does not have thick A-pillar, hence providing a good view for the driver. These aspects make it best suited for the city.

hmm..thats quite true jbond!thanks!smiley1.gif

Most unlikely the only car that deserves this post is the

All New Honda City

A Star is just an other common hatch

Dezire is an add on

Vista not too great

Altis is good but not all together great

The other listed high end cars cant cater to all the classes of people...

thus ANHC is the undisputed leader.

Deepak DSdeepakds2008-12-13 17:51:15

New City is too expensive and Honda's pricing takes us for fools. For me its the Dzire. it has everything to give me pleasure of owning a car.  Diesel engine, ****ey, good interiors and fuel economy. What more do you need?

i think it has to be the new city cause of its sheer cutting edge design..but it has drum brakes on the rear wheels and thrifty equipment list which is a big-big letdown.

if linea is launched by the end of this year than i think it will be linea...as fiat has really thrown or will throw a trump card !!!

noways...indica vista cant be the car of the year...the rear profile of city looks a bit plain in daytime...but few days back saw it rear profile at night and it was looking damn hot !!!! designing wise no car except linea (if its launched) this year can beat the new city....

So much love for the City is quite understood, but it breaks no new ground in terms of technology.

Auto mags will  go ahead & proclaim it the car of the year & give it undue publicity & then consumers will run after it!

But what else to choose?

So little choice for us !

Between, this might sound dumb, but A-Star is providing the much needed mileage quotient! City doesn't even come in a diesel variant!

In my view, City does not deserve the 1st place, but !!

now i think its confirm of i20 being launched in the year end..So i feel it will be strong contender and can beat Honda City also ....

But overall being a good product, i just hope that Hyundai price this car competitively to blow away its competitors..