Sign in to follow this  
Love R15

Yamaha in 2009

It has been cleared by Yamaha that they would definately launch two 125cc+ bikes next year and it is highly speculated that out of the two one bike will definately be R125 (indian version may be as european one would be quite expensive).Also there are rumours that there may be variants of fz16 and r15.

Its high time they officially launch the R6 and R4 here. Also' date=' i think they need a good 250ish CC bike. [/quote']

Hey Cyrus whats a R4? Oh cool R125 is coming but I do hope they dont change it.

Yes a gearless scooterate can be expected from Yamaha which may be of 150cc or above with disc brakes and extra additionals.I think 125cc scooterate will be a better option for Yamaha as high volume cant be expected in premium scooter segment.What do you all think?

R1, R 15, FZ16, new scooters, new R125, or whatever the new model. Yamaha first needs to clean up its act and provide good sales and aftersales support for their bikes. Dealers are crying that the company does not give them bikes as due to them to satisfy their orders, and customers are being made to wait weeks before they get their FZ16's even after making cash downpayments. It is this sort of thing that the company needs to first address, before thinking of making its life even more difficult with newer models. 

I booked the FZ even before its launch, so I got my bike on the first delivery itself, so no problem on sales. After sale service is the best I've seen in Bikes.

In my dad's business, we have Suzuki Heat, Bajaj Discover, Honda shine, Unicorn(my old bike), HH CD dawn, Passion, and couple of TVS Excel super. While comparing the service of these, Yamaha is far better.

agree to you r15 service has never been issue with yamaha anytime, but with the demand for fz16, which has been overwhelming for the company is to deal with which yamaha is already working on to make its production double to make the waitlist short.

Yamaha has got huge response for their Fz16, so surely they will bring in some more fantastic models and will target all the segments...

They need to increase the number of outlets and i think that has begun coz immediately after launch of R15 and Fz16, our city got another yamaha dealer so in all there are now 2 dealers, so may be they have started to increase those outlets...