krazr

bajaj pulsar 200 - rust on silencer

I have a bajaj pulsar200,    7 months old, its silencer has rusted & the tip is broken, is this the quality of iron bajaj uses in its bikes??? FuelRunGod2007-10-08 01:36:30

May be ,Bajaj are not famous on quality products . It can acclerate due to water clogging but not many have complained about this problems from 200 and 220 pulsar yours can be a special case and i dont think that rust is covered under warranty.

I have a bajaj pulsar200' date='    7 months old, its silencer has rusted & the tip is broken, is this the quality of iron bajaj uses in its bikes???[/quote']

My first Bike was Hero Honda CBZ back in 1999..

The chromed parts of my bike got rust just after the first monsoon rains..   but the fault was entirely mine and not Hero Hondas..  I was then living at a costal place like mangalore and I had not opted for an antirust treatment for the chromed parts before the rains.

I cannot start blaming Hero Honda because I did not take care of my CBZ.

I too have friends who owns Pulsars including the 200..  but I havent heard any complaint from them.

payeng2007-10-07 23:52:34

Its the rainy season.....you have water and metal....wats the big fuss...its bound to rust if you don't take care of it!!

There was not a spot of rust on my two year old dio....then I recently moved to chennai where it got wet over the weekend in rains....coz I don't have a covered parking yet...and some of the metallic parts are now beginning to rust!And its a Honda for heavens sake....

Take good care of your bike....if you don't it will rust yaar....