vibhor

BMW Z4 Roadster unveiled!!!

smiley17.gifHi guys!BMW has unveiled the next generation of the Z4 roadster ahead of its world debut at the Detroit Motor Show which start in January 2009. The styling and proportions are classic roadster with long hood, short overhangs and broad shoulders intepreted with modern styling elements such as integrated LED indicators on the flanks as well as headlights and tail lamps.

The new Z4 roadster features an aluminium roof which opens and closes down in 20 seconds. Its more airy too with 40% larger side windows and 52% larger rear windows than the outgoing soft-top model. The new model is larger outside overall compared to the predecessor, 5.8 inch longer, 0.4 inch wider and 0.3 inch lower with a wee-bit longer wheelbase, resulting in more room and comfort for the passengers.

The powertrain options include a 300 bhp twin-turbocharged 3.0 Litre V6 in the sDrive35i and 255 bhp naturally aspirated version of the same engine in the sDrive 30i variant.

The most impressive aspect of the forced inducted engine is the flat torque output of 300 lb-ft from low 1,400 to dizzy 5,000 rpm! The 300 bhp engine makes the sDrive35i accelerate from 0-60 mph in a brisk 5 seconds while the naturally aspirated engine does it in a not so slow 5.6 seconds.

Both the variants can be had with either a manual transmission or optional sport  automatics. The Z4 sDrive35i is available with a 7-speed dual clutch automatic while the lesser powerful Z4 sDrive30i comes with a 6-speeder. The driver has the option of a fully automatic gear selection or manual shifting by means of the paddle shifters on the steering wheel.

The new Z4 Roadster also comes with BMW

Yuck! try to imagine the front end as a lion who is ready to attack but is nervous at the end time. Even the previous one looked better than this but that was also not good looking.