vibhor

Toyota to launch its Innova CNG next month!!!

Well toyota has just launched CNG Innova..

Here's more info..

Toyota India has launched the CNG version of its popular MPV, Innova in the Indian market. Doing so, Innova has become the first energy efficient MPV in the country.

The CNG version will be available with all grades of the Petrol Innova and comes with 12 Kg fuel tank. The engine in question is a 2.0 Litre VVTi unit which can run either on CNG or Petrol at the flick of a manual selector switch. The estimated running cost is Rs 1.6 per kilometer. Taking into account the increased mileage, increased engine oil life and reduced maintenance costs, the CNG version claims to offer about 50% in savings over the diesel variant in running costs.

Announcing the launch of the first ever CNG Innova in India, Hiroshi Nakagawa, managing director, TKM, said that Toyota is an environment conscious company committed to the cause of nurturing and protecting nature in its myriad forms. With CNG having established itself as an eco-friendly, reliable and economic fuel, TKM is pleased to announce India

Saturday, February 28, 2009

CNG-powered Toyota Innova launched

Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) has announced the launch of a CNG-powered variant of the Innova MPV. This new version will be a dual-fuel vehicle and its 2.0-litre, four-cylinder, VVTi Toyota engine will be able to run on petrol as well as compressed natural gas (CNG). The driver will be able to switch between the two fuels on the fly, via a selector switch mounted on the instrument console.

According to TKM, the CNG-powered Innova will offer a 50% saving over diesel, in terms of running costs. However, the CNG variant is priced at Rs 85,000 over the petrol-only version. The vehicle is being fitted with CNG kits that are being supplied by Minda Auto Gas Ltd. With their state-of-the-art technology, these are supposed to be quite safe.

To begin with, the CNG Innova has been launched in Delhi, Mumbai, Surat, Hyderabad and Ahmedabad, and will also soon be launched in Baroda and Vijaywada. All Toyota dealers in these cities will be equipped to sell and service the CNG Innova. The new variant will also be launched in other parts of the country, in a phased manner.

www.indiaautomotive.net

so I guess it will now make sense to buy the CNG Innova rather than the Diesel variant for people planning frequent long trips (not the tour operators)

Do we have any info where the CNG tank will be installed, hopefully no storage space for luggage is lost with this. As it is with the 3 seats up, there is hardly any storage space left..

Well yes i think it will block the storage space ...Well already the storage space is low so many will face difficulties but taxiwallas can install a luggage carrier so there should be no problem to them...But what is a bigger problem that the CNG stations in India are not widespread and are hardly in majority of Cities..Only few cities have them and thus its launched in those cities only..Gujarat have good number of CNG pumps than any other states especially in my city..bluesapphire2009-03-01 10:26:14

well i think now taxi operators will start buying the cng innova cause running cost is the least and maintainance is less in petrol cars !!!! if i were to buy an innova i would happily buy the cng powered innova which would save serious money compared to the diesel one !!!!