guys wat r the major problems a diesel car faces after 80k

and

if the monthly usage is around 900+km then will buying a diesel car make sense

and what will be the maintaining cost

does crdi diesel engine have periodic problems as people say the running cost of diesel cars is high

i am presently using my dads corsa n am annoyed with the milage gives me 6-7 if i drive it hard i.e around 140-150 with constant shifting

thinking of buying a used elantra crdi for commuting to my college probably petify it later

For 4-6 lakhs, I'd suggest a second hand Swift DDIS ABS and you'll have enough 'moolah' left over for jazzy alloys and great sound system. Believe me, Elantra< is for middle aged guys like me> won't give you an image boost among the 'bevy of beauties' in your college. Besides the Swift will be 'cosy' enough. smiley2.gif. Spare a thought.

why dont you go for new swift instead, swift vdi costs around 5.76/- on road with fiat's multijet engine doin wonders for swift. if rear space and boot is not your requirement, think to go for new swift which anyday is a better idea to go for diesel engines, which would be better to own for a longer run as compared to second hand diesel cars.CHEERS!!!

If you are looking for second hand bigger cars then look for toyota corolla and also cedia is a nice car which is blunted by competition .Also when you look for cedia please!!!!   check the suspension and alignment issues as many cedia owners think that it is a road going rally car.

u can get an 2003-2004 skoda if u bargain hard , and the present day diesels are refined , remember they are putting diesel on sports car also !!

if driven carefully it won't give any problem just opt for a better engine oil

can understand the pain for a college student petrol car is costlier than the girlfriend :D , i am in the same boat

i converted my petrol car to CNG to keep the costs low

For 4-6 Laks, in the second hand car market, your options are HUGE!!

You can get a Skoda Octavia,Old Gen Honda Accord, Old Gen Mondeo(for around 3.5) and alot of other cars in that range. You can also get, and this is my honest advice, a Brilliantly maintained Old Honda City Vtec.(the first Gen), for around 4 laks and then mod it. It will blow the pants off most cars on indian roads.

skoda accord n mondeo - the maintenance of these cars r very high guys abut mondeo i read a topic in team bhp where one said ford charged him 80k only for some stereo prob

swift - is here from a long time n most of my frnds r using the car spins at rear which they call drift lol...

n driving a lil car at high speeds is v dangerous especially marutis n hondas even at low speeds .

i saw a new honda city whose bumper had fallen after hitting an auto at 20-25kmph

For 4-6 lakhs' date=' I'd suggest a second hand Swift DDIS ABS and you'll have enough 'moolah' left over for jazzy alloys and great sound system. Believe me, Elantra< is for middle aged guys like me> won't give you an image boost among the 'bevy of beauties' in your college. Besides the Swift will be 'cosy' enough. smiley2.gif. Spare a thought.[/quote']

I agree with DD. Swift is the hottest car in colleges. You can do a mile long wheel spin in it smiley2.gif. New cars are always better.You can get a new Swift VDi for your budget. It is powerful and has good FE too.