whatcar

what car to buy

hi everyone

i am planning my first car.presently using my fathers maruti 800. my budget is not more than 5L. i ve already booked i10 ERA. saw accent Executive today its on road price is 5.09L. should i go for a sedan instead of i10. my wife will also drive the car at times. we need it mostly for city driving. any suggestions. not interested in wagon R/estilo they seem cramped for 3 persons. and a-star has no boot.

There are numerous threads on this topic.

1. Why dont you look at Swift VXI.

2.Wait for i20 . Launch on 28th. Its a lil above your budget . Give it  a shot before taking the plunge.

Kindly mention your monthly running and how often you hit the highways.

i would say go and book the i10 with the 1.2 Kappa engine that is i10 magna Kappa 1.2 , its better than i10 1.1 and buying an accent doesnot make a good sense , i20 will be a worthy wait and would be launched by another 10 days but pricing will be slightly higher than that of getz and wont fit your bill , hence i10 1.2 is the choice!

Cheerssmiley20.gif

whatcar, welcome to this forum. firstly let us know your requirment, your monthly running, what car are you lookin for, hatch-sedan, then would be easy to sort out your query. With your choice of i10, thats a very good car with new 1.2 kappa engine worth goin and would be easy to drive both in city and highways also easy for your wife to ride. CHEERS!!!

Well forget the accent and I say your purchase is good and the 1.1lt engine has better low end response than the Kappa engine its a good and sensible buy but for highway run pay some more bucks and buy Magna.

As my friends vishnu and vijay have said the i 20 is worth a wait. It is due for a launch on 28th Dec and will come with the 1.2 Kappa petrol engine.The Accent is a decade old and bygone. It is nearing the end of the road.

i10 kappa should be an ultimate choice..its best suited for city driving, looks great inside out..n gives good efficiency..n most importantly is well within d specified budget..der r other threads also in this forum on i 10 kappa..u can check them out for further clarifications..

I think i 10 magna Kappa engine should be a good buy with the year year end discounts. A-star I feel that it is too crampy at the rear seats.You will be cursed for it for the lack of leg room.Even normal height people with 5ft  6 inch find it difficult to sit at the rear. So i 10 in short should be a better buy. 

hi everyone

i am planning my first car.presently using my fathers maruti 800. my budget is not more than 5L. i ve already booked i10 ERA. saw accent Executive today its on road price is 5.09L. should i go for a sedan instead of i10. my wife will also drive the car at times. we need it mostly for city driving. any suggestions. not interested in wagon R/estilo they seem cramped for 3 persons. and a-star has no boot.

A-star ZXI with airbags ABS costs 4.5 lakhs onroad.

A-star is designed like a 2 seater. Giving more comfort to the front passengers. Kids can have their space in the rear. Pretty good bargain for a future car buyer

watcar u can stick with the i10 only..its a nice car and

got good performance..

suits your needs and within your budget too..

it comes with new Kappa kia engine n thats the better part of this car now..

Whichever car you choose make sure it has airbags. On indian roads its a must.

I will say wait suzuki splash (which is supposed to be launch in next 1-2 months) then you will have all latest models to compare.