AshTheDash

Which Car if U have 12 Lakhs to Spend

Hey Guys,

This might sound absurd..smiley3.gif

U have 12 Lakhs smiley17.gif to spend and what you need is

1. A big family car...

2. You travel regularly out of Mumbai with your small family (3 people)

3. You travel with your big extended family (6 people) once in 3 months on vacation

4. Boot space is needed as in either cases you have lot of stuff

5. You feel that Alloys, ABS and Airbags are very essential.

6. You need good build quality in the car

7. Jazzy Looks and latest car is not that really excites you..

8. Wants to keep the car for 5-7 years

9. Feels that Diesel engines will surely trouble after 3 years

9. Off the list.. hates diesel cars.. (is troubled with the no power of his 05 V2 Indica)

Some cars that you just love (for no specifics)/appeal to you....although they are not in the same league...smiley10.gif

Honda Civic

Toyota Innova (Petrol/Diesel)....Hopes Toyota,though Diesel will live up to the expectations...

Honda City (Old/New)

Experts.. Please help this guy decide....Will buy in Feb/Mar 09

PLEASE..............

I'd buy the Innova<base petrol, convert to LPG> and give it to Dilip Chhabria and personalise it to my taste, add flexible seating, bedding or whatever, hire the best driver's<atleast two> drive around the world, occasionally take the wheel when it suit's me or when I see an arrow straight road ahead, and have a blast.

i will go for a CIVIC!!!

it is the ultimate car!!

Hey Archit' date='You wont even think twice that the Innova not only is a little cheaper is so spacious and will be good for long drives with family? [/quote']

not really you know!!

because the civic is so comfortable on the move so i think i would rather stuff 6 ppl inside

why 2 front and 4 back!!

that is no trouble at all

i have sat like that!!

I would say check out Civic, Innova and the Altis. Since you've said styling and design is not what you are really after, you might not like the Civic all that much since it is not all that practical a car. That leaves you the Altis and the Innova. Since the vehicle has to accommodate 6 people, i would say Innova would suit your requirement that much better. Drive the top end version of both the petrol and the diesel and pick the one that suits you. You would also do well to just hang on for a month or so and check out the Xylo as well.

I'll go for Innova. It is comfortable for 8, it is reliable(Toyota) for 5 to 7 years and satisfies other requirements too. 

@ashthedasd, Indica V2 is a bad sample of diesel car. Modern diesels are more torque laden and has better in-gear timings than Petrol.

Ash- you need to decide what you actually want to buy, a utility vehicle or a sedan. if looking for a 6-7 seater then think for innova-most comfortable vehicle in this segment. if you want a sedan, there's new city,altis are good choice, also you can look at civic which also is a damn good car.CHEERS!!!

Nikvint,

I thnk you are right, but the so expensive NHC doesnt even comne with alloys & Airbags. what say???

Apart from that driving a Innova is real pleasure...

Anyways I will give your suggestion a good thought..

Nikvint' date='

I thnk you are right, but the so expensive NHC doesnt even comne with alloys & Airbags. what say???

Apart from that driving a Innova is real pleasure...

Anyways I will give your suggestion a good thought..

[/quote']

Hey all new H-city (2008) does have Airbags as standard. Pl check it man. Here is the link

http://www.carwale.com/research/comparecars/compareFeatures.aspx?car1=1429&car2=525&car3=&car4=

Alloys can be fitted from out-side.

Driving Innova in Mumbai city is smiley5.gif. However it depends on how many kms you travel in city.. But for me, to enjoy 20-30 days of vacation, i will not carry the load for other 345-335 days..

I would go for the Altis or the City. Civic is a good car but its poor ground clearance is against it. Also, by all accounts the Altis engine is great and the brand quality exceeds even Honda by a mile.

You may wish to see the discussion in the 9-12 lacs thread I had started some time back.

sgiitk2009-01-02 09:43:07

I would go for the Altis or the City. Civic is a good car but its poor ground clearance is against it. Also, by all accounts the Altis engine is great and the brand quality exceeds even Honda by a mile.

You may wish to see the discussion in the 9-12 lacs thread I had started some time back.

but still Honda is hard to beat in petrol engines, whether its City or Civic, both i found have more refined engines than Altis..Although i am not against Altis and even we are considering to ahve Altis , but certainly i wasnt impressed with ride quality and refinement of engine of Altis..

@ Sgiitk- I would agree with BS about engine. I dont think brand quality exceeds by a mile to , atleast here. Civic looks generations ahead of Altis in style and interiors. Agree Altis is more VFM , better rear seats etc. But Altis has just carried on duty of its previous gen. If VFM then Altis , else Civic.