Sign in to follow this  
archit

HH or Yamaha??

Hey guys...

my uncle used to have a HH Splendor + (i think it is 3 years old now) and he hasn't clocked many kms in it!

but now he wants a new bike and he is really confused between HH HUnk or Yamaha FZ16!

please help

he personally wants to go for Hunk but i am trying to tell him to go for yamaha

i know the FZ16 rocks big time as i have read a lot about it in this forum but is there any other bike good enough to fend off the mighty FZ??

I'd suggest your uncle to go for FZ. But if FE is important then Unicorn can also be considered. My friend's Hunk gives him a lot of troubles, so I'll not suggest it. Or it is better to wait for GS 150R and then decide.

HH is a reliable brand, but he got many problems in his bike. Maybe the particular bike gives trouble. If you are lucky, you'll get a good piece.

GS 150R is from Suzuki. I think there is a thread(its pictures) on it in this forum. No one has done a TD on it so far.

oh yes i have seen that thread from BA

wow that bike is a stunnner!!

oh so my uncle has three choices now!!

i never expected a Suzuki to be so nicely designed aside from the hayabusa!!archit2008-12-22 03:41:37

No FZ if your uncle is a mid-aged...

Go for Unicorn or Suzuki 150Gsr..

If choice is restricted to Fz and Hunk, than for him i think Hunk is better..

Although overall Fz-16 is much better but it appeals more to youngsters..

nope the suzuki is coming soon.

why don't you wait for some time and try suzuki also before making a choice.

if not then go for unicorn, for simple reasons of styling as it is for your uncle. yes the unicorn is a bit outdated now, but it is still a reliable workhorse.

but if he doesnt mind having stylish bike like FZ16, go for it. it rules the segment. and as you said he likes hunk which also has sporty looks i dont think he should face any problems with FZ16 styling. Finally yamaha india is awake!!smiley1.gif

no archit suzuki will be launching in Jan, so if he can wait till then let his have a look at GS too before making decision. About Unicorn, though its not a new model but still doin good, has most comfort ride in its class, with good FE and they also give now with alloys and all black theme which does looks good. Hunk and Unicorn share the same engine from Honda.For me your uncle would be comfortable in Unicorn more then Hunk, doesnt mean Hunk is not a good bike to own, but me personally suggest Unicorn. Ask him to TD both these bikes and make a decision.CHEERS!!!

Well Archit with reference to other post i am confused whether its your uncle or your father..

Anyways i told you that Fz will not suit him..

Its better to check out Suzuki Gs150R or unicorn, i think even hunk is too stylish for him..

I would prefer Suzuki Gs150R anyday coz its good blend of performance, style, equipment and technology and also brand..

no that is different!!

both need a bike

but my uncle needs now!!

anyways he has already booked the unicorn!!

he said that he really like the simple yet sporty looks, engine is also a good performer acc. to him!

so yes he will get the black unicorn after 1 month!

thanks all guys!

and plus sorry no pics because as i said i live in bkk and he lives in Patna, Bihar!

... engine is also a good performer acc. to him!...

Yes, your uncle is right. Unicorn's engine is a good performer. It is a gem of an engine, has great refinement(Only FZ betters it), good FE and rock-solid reliability. But the bike has relatively poor plastics.