vibhor

Fiat Grande Punto spied testing!!

smiley1.gifHey guys!!...Here are the sp shots of FIAT Grande punto from TBHP...the car was caught testing in lonavala.

So FIAL has started the tests of its punto in india, so i guess its launch to be in Mid 09!:-)smiley17.gif

81490d1229936363t-grande-punto-spied-gp1

81495d1229936403t-grande-punto-spied-gp2

81496d1229936403t-grande-punto-spied-gp3

81497d1229936403t-grande-punto-spied-gp4

81498d1229936403t-grande-punto-spied-gp5

(TBHP)

ohh wonderful , and this a good news as well !! good catch by pranav naik. punto is one kind of car that car give a true competition to swift and i20.hope they price it well and hope the punto also comes with the 1.3 MJD diesel engine.

Cheerssmiley20.gif

Great pics Vibhor...Seems that Fiat is interested in India but it should see the reponse of Linea before launching this..

Looks a promising product but frankly speaking now it doesnt looks that good to me as it looked before..I saw it in SA and i was not that excited as although front is good but rear isnt that good...To me i20 looks more hot..

I think side view mirrors are long which will be easly broken in heavy traffic :)
Well these mirrors are not a problem because we have seen these types of mirrors in many cars like Matiz, 2nd gen Honda City, Spark, etc...and am using spark are these mirrors are most convineint to use and does not get broken in traffic...

Good pics Vibhor and 5u3zEr0. I think that the hatchnack segment is going to get very competitive. the Punto will be a fair competitor to the Swift and the much awaited I-20.Well the Sports Version of this car is more good looking than the one spotted. But frankly speaking, the I-20 is more hot than the Punto.

guys i20 n punto r from two different segments

n punto competes with palio ' date=' indica vista,swift[/quote']

Only price & specs will tell if they are in diff segments . Right now it looks like i20, Punto,Fabia and Jazz would be in same segment.

Why would Fiat compete Punto with Palio?? from its size it surely looks a notch above. So i dont think you should expect it in Palio segment.

The Grande Punto is going to be priced starting at around 5 lakhs and it is a bigger car than the Indica and others in its category. So it will be a premium hatchback and will compete with the i20, Getz and Fabia.

fiat punto is a very promising car...fiat should be hurrying up its next two launches ie of linea and punto...both these cars hold potential to sell good no's.
true, though i think that Linea will be more successful than punto but both are promising vehicles..Only Fiats service is to be seen in future i.e after Linea's launch