vibhor

Fiat Grande Punto spied testing!!

I am expecting Punto to be VFM as Linea.

Also keeping fingers crossed for Fiat not to take Linea's relatively instant success to head while pricing Punto!

nice job friend..... appreciate you.....

if i m not wrong the difference is only in back light design (exterior) i dnt knw bout interior ,,,,,, it is like i20 . same impression in first look.......

hope to see it on roads soon.

Wow! thats great news so the Punto assaults before the Jazz which will be blunted I am waiting for shootout btw the premium hatches but don't wanna see the Jazz as the winner.

Thanks Nimesh for the update, I too heard about this.

Fiat is preparing an assault before Ritz! Good strategy Fiat, but you would have to follow up with nos./deliveries.

Now Fiat GP will see daylight at Dealers soon, now few of the pending points:

1. Do we get 1.3 L MJD (90HP-VGT) also.

2. Excise are relaxed for larger engines, Will Fiat india also launch 1.6 Litres MJD?

3. I think full blown up model of GP (15-16" Tyres, Alloys, sports features etc.) must be available for enthusiast buyers in India.

@choprava extra tax for engine bigger than 1600 cc (15k) and for greater than 2000cc(35k) were applied when the gas prices shot up last year so govt. put extra tax for not buying gas guzzlers .That is going to be removed but not the 1500cc limit for diesel and 1200cc for gasloine.

I don't think the 90bhp version of the Punto will be launched as they can provide the 1.6lt fire engine already powering the Fiat Palio .

1. Do we get 1.3 L MJD (90HP-VGT) also.

2. Excise are relaxed for larger engines' date=' Will Fiat india also launch 1.6 Litres MJD?

3. I think full blown up model of GP (15-16" Tyres, Alloys, sports features etc.) must be available for enthusiast buyers in India.

[/quote']

If we get the 1.3 MJD 75 bhp same as Swift in the GP , then they cant charge too much premium.

The news doing the round is Linea will mostly get the 1.6 MJD 118 bhp(?) later this year or early next year. The article is posted on ACI homepage.

thanks ....@rssh  my discussion is limited to diesel only as it makes lot of sense to go for MJD than Petrol ...... So I was asking abt 1.6 Ltr (MJD --4 cylinder, 2 valves)

Ok....so we will get 1.3 lt MJD (Multi-Jet-Diesel) engine in GP to start with and by the way are u referring to 1.6Ltr (Diesel or Gasoline) already powering palio.

okays.....well that might be due to the fact that like every fiat car it must be heavy and having a kerb weight of not less than 1100 kgs....btw when is it getting launched ?????? the kind of response linea is getting fiat should not be delaying its launch !!!

btw when is it getting launched ??????

4th June.

Yesterday, I went to Fiat dealership with my linea to get some problems sorted out. The sales executive told me that some fiat service experts have gone to pune for the Grande Punto training and the dealer had all the info on the indian GP on his computer which he was going to show me but forgot. He told that it is launching on 31st May or 4th June.

Fiat will start manufacturing of GP from 13th May.

Hey nimesh, you might be knowing that all Tata-Fiat dealers are not allowed to sell linea like in my city's dealer case, so same will be with GP?? or dealers who are selling Linea will be allowed to sell GP??

I dont know why my city's Tata-Fiat dealer is not selling Linea's...

I think the dealers selling Linea will definitely sell GP. Don't worry, the dealership network of Fiat is expanding. Your city will also have more than 1 dealer. At time of Linea's launch, linea was sold through 70 dealers but now it is sold through 79 dealers.

Well i know that..we have Tata-Fiat dealer from 2006 or 07 and when the linea was launched i was excited to have a look but then when i reached there they told me that they are not selling Linea's, i mean that was ridiculous...When that dealer is Tata-Fiat then it makes no sense that he is not selling the FIAT linea selling only Palio...I hope after GP's launch, we will get a Linea dealer..