vibhor

Fiat Grande Punto spied testing!!

I think the palio should get new interiors and a new under 1.2lt petrol engine to carry out its big mass and the price should come down. The palio multijet can be threat to the GP if it price is too high.

Fiat India is on a roll. After languishing in the Indian maket for years inspite of having some good products, the company is back and how.

The recently launched Fiat Linea has been doing good numbers ever since its launch and the company is now getting ready to launch its first all new hatchback after Palio in the Indian market.

The Grande Punto comes with a huge reputation already. Its one of the cars that brought back Fiat which was on the brink of bankruptcy and has been one of the most successful Fiat model in the European market. When launched it will also be one of the safest small cars on Indian roads with a EURO NCAP rating of 5 stars!

Fiat Grand Punto will be formally launched in the first week of June while dealer trainings and product demonstration has already started. The deliveries of the car to the dealerships will start very shortly. The first Punto manufactured at Ranajangaon plant will roll out on May 13th!

And before it arrives in the dealerships and is formally launched, will give you all the details about the variants and expected pricing much before anyone else.

The Grande Punto will come in three variants, just like its bigger sister Linea, in Active, Dynamic and Emotion. The Emotion variant will also come with the optional Emotion Pack which will have Fiat

My views on obsrrving Fiat India Trends from last couple of years...

1. What may happen..India is developing country for Fiat, so they had initially launched Palio which is only for developing countries.

2. Similary Linea is not seen anywhere in developed countries .

3. Pali will not be discontinued at all...

Fiat will keep three versions of cars primarily in India (Developing country)...

1. Palio 1.2 Petrol: Will compete with Wagon R, Spark, A-Star. bla bla. (Price Band less than 4 Lacs)

2. Grande Punto: Hatch back 1.2/1.4 Petrol and 1.3 Diesel (Price band 4.5-6 Lacs)

3. Linea: Petrol and disel version Price band (6-8 Lacs). by the way in Turkey linea starts at 4.6 lacs (INR).

So i don't find any space for Bravo as Bravo if kept between 6-7 Lacs will eat away the space of Linea.

@CHOPRAVA

In all the countries in Europe, Fiat introduces 3 variants ACTIVE, DYNAMIC AND EMOTION just like it did in India. And also a FUN variant which is expected later. Infact in other countries the Active variant always has an engine of less capacity than the ones in dynamic and emotion.

India is not discriminated and gradually, all the models of Fiat will make up to India.

well the active variant is a stripped down version but the features in active variant are reasonable to the price...infact linea active petrol is great vfm coz it comes for around 6.2 lacs which is quiet reasonable price for a sedan !!!!

i think the 1.2 l engine will be the one which is their in indica vista safire.

i think the 1.2 l engine will be the one which is their in indica vista safire.

Yes, the engine would produce 65 bhp and good FE figures like the Vista. But I thing the gear ratios would be different which would make it better to drive than the vista.

What I feel is that the car would come under attack from both Maruti and Hyundai. The Diesel will have to face off with Ritz and the Swift, those who go for GP will mostly be for space while petrol will have a serious face off with the heavily loaded i20. The magna has the same specs as dynamic and will mostly be at the same price point 4.8 lakh OTR.

The prices should have been lower for fiat to compensate on its still improving image. A premium hatch doesnt make sense, they should have gone for the normal hatch pricing and mainly undercut the marutis, cos even if they are not in the premium hatch segment they remain the biggest threat to other premium hatchbacks, cos people tend to bend towards a maruti.

CONFIRMED

ENGINES

1.2 L 68 PS PETROL

1.4 L 90 PS PETROL

1.3 L MULTIJET FGT 75 PS

Sorry for the earlier VGT info. It was a some miscommunication.

Launch on 17th June...

nim12esh2009-05-13 17:52:01

Again the launch is post poned .I am  glad to see that we are now spoilt for choices than 5 years before.

a hatchback of price range 4-6 lakhs we can get

Spark

Santro

A star

i10

Getz

WagonR

Estilo

Swift

Palio

i20

Indica

Indica vista

Indigo CS

Accent

Fabia

Grande Punto

Jazz(may be if priced lower)

Reva

DZire

Indigo

Logan

Its great that we have so many choices.

Again the launch is post poned .I am  glad to see that we are now spoilt for choices than 5 years before.

a hatchback of price range 4-6 lakhs we can get

Spark

Santro

A star

i10

Getz

WagonR

Estilo

Swift

Palio

i20

Indica

Indica vista

Indigo CS

Accent

Fabia

Grande Punto

Jazz(may be if priced lower)

Reva

DZire

Indigo

Logan

Its great that we have so many choices.

You forgot RITZ....

CONFIRMED
ENGINES
1.2 L 68 PS PETROL
1.4 L 90 PS PETROL
1.3 L MULTIJET FGT 75 PS

Sorry for the earlier VGT info. It was a some miscommunication.

Launch on 17th June...

This info is from TEAM BHP.

Guy do you have options of colours available for the Punto as a dealer here said that the lowest trim will get only 3 colour options. While the others will get atleast 6 . Can one confirm this.

Guy do you have options of colours available for the Punto as a dealer here said that the lowest trim will get only 3 colour options. While the others will get atleast 6 . Can one confirm this.

@rssh...You ay be right ......as far as I know ...following six colours will be available ...

u       BOSSA NOVA WHITE<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

u       BLUE METALLIC

u       SOLID RED

u       HIP HOP BLACK

u       MEDIUM GRAY

u       MINIMAL GRAY

smiley10.gif BTW, My favourite is Blue Metallic followed by RED. 

Hey Nim12esh

Is the Punto getting black bumpers on the Base variant?

Bumpers are body coloured. Only ORVMs , door handles and front grill would be black.

nim12esh2009-05-15 10:16:24