vibhor

Fiat Grande Punto spied testing!!

Ok Guys now time to discuss few points abt FIAT-India.........

1. As per news that is flowing on the internet, GP would be lauched in the first week of June (For Sure).

2. Fiat India has decided to launch 1.3 FGT in diesel version....(National engine now)

According to me 75BHP will not be bad as engine performance and efficiency is tuned well and GP will be lighter as compared to 3BOX linea.

Fiat is  heading bang on with Vista, i20 and swift, these guys have learned a lesson by launching sports Palio cars in past like 1.6 GTX/ Sports but frankly how many sports do u see on road.

This time their home work is pukka, car will be produced for mass (98% and not for 1%-2% (classes - power enthusiast like us).

Guys  finally green ($) speaks ....FIAT India has raised from their graves and they have already shown a trailer by launching Linea (VFM under 10 lacs).....

So guys, get ready to see hordes of GPs (RED, BLUE, WHITE, BLACK, GREY) on Indian Roads.....

Hmm though I havn't really seen a dynamic version of linea till now ( no linea without alloys) so I don't really know about the Acitve varient . But the active might be 1 lakhs cheaper than the other two ones sue to lower duty on it. But 90bhp on hatchback makes things great. But I think it would be slightly detuned to 85bhp for better Fe figures.

Looks good. This topic is probably the longest thread of a yet to be launched car. I hope fiat capitalises on it by pricing it appropriately with 1.2 along swift and 1.4 along i20. If these models can undercut swift and i20 in pricing it would be awesome. Hopefully fiat wont get overexcited with linea success and price it just like the linea, undercutting the competition.

Few alarming things in the review.

1. Dashboard missing cos of lack of spares.

2. The fiat guy says Fiat was never much concerned about FE of its cars. Hope fiat understand its in india where FE is more important than looks.

3. If power of 1.4 is less what will happen 1.2. Especially as this segment is going to see some powerful engines being launched soon like jazz and i20 1.4

Good pictures and it looks good in blue, hopefully Fiat will price it competitively just like it did with the Linea.

And among the spy pictures, the silver car seems to be the Active variant.

Its expected to come around 3rd June' date=' not sure though![/quote'] I've heard differebt launch dates from different ppl, few say its 2n June,and some say its 8th or 10th!!..and now you are saying that its 3rd! smiley5.gif

Don't worry dude it will come this June only .

Also one thing I didn't like is the rear it seems quiet ordinary and only one reverse light is bad though the location is good and we can see the road more clearly by that .The blue looks awesome hope they get Linea with this colour too.

I think dashboard is same as Linea, If so then its no fun for Linea owner to buy another one.

Unless Fiat announces themselves of the luanch, rest is speculation.

Auto mag have not tested yet the car, therefore it looks like that luanch will be only in third quater of this year

Don't worry dude it will come this June only .

Also one thing I didn't like is the rear it seems quiet ordinary and only one reverse light is bad though the location is good and we can see the road more clearly by that .The blue looks awesome hope they get Linea with this colour too.

I think rear looks much more stunning.

@350z, as I said, these are all presumptions, there's no concrete info.

Cartoos, as always ACI will put the test up foremost, lucky us!
BornFree2009-05-25 10:55:58

hey friends why getting confused..... it will be in media & news whenever  launched by fiat... & u will se advertisement by fiat before its launch...... interesting thing will be its competition with other hatchbacks....

hope will do better on road like doing on Autocar India forum.......smiley2.gif

the good news is that both honda jazz & punto will be launched in june