vibhor

Fiat Grande Punto spied testing!!

I had done test drive recently arround 10 km linea 1.3 mjd.

Trims are not built that quality. cheap plastics. Throtle more required 1st and 2nd gear it moves very slowly. VGT is not applying at lower rpm. I thought its underpower same as ford fiesta.

same day i was done test drive I20 1.2 Kappa. gear shifting is very smooth.

It pulls more than comfortable linea. Still this one is also underpower. Back seats are not comfort. Driver position is not comfortable dash board touching legs. They have not done ergonamics properly.

Actually i am waiting for I20 diesel and Punto mjd.

Fiat has to take good gearbox and 1.3 VGT may be possible compete I20.

Othervise it is very difficult sustain.

i'm so tempted by the punto 1.3 mjd that i even contemplated on selling my one year old dzire vdi and getting a punto! the dzire is pretty good, but i always admired the punto and badly want to own one..

Yes the Punto will be made in India and its coming this june it will have 3 engine options 1.2 and 1.4lt petrol and 1.3lt multijet. Wasan motor dealer told that it will display car by the 15th.

Must agree that these are the beautiful shots of Grande Punto. This small car from the stable of Fiat is expected enter the India on June 17th with three variants.Active, Dynamic, and Emotion. It will be seen in both petrol and diesel version. Just like sedan Linea this model too will be produced at the  at Ranjangaon near Pune in Maharashtra with nearly 60-70 percent of the car parts are localized.

Tamanna Khanna

Indian Car Advisor

www.carazoo.com

DreamTheCar2009-06-03 10:23:14

Ok, here there are 7 engines :  1.2 petrol 65hp, 1.4 petrol 77hp, 1.4 Turbo petrol 120hp,1.4 turbo petrol 150hp (Abarth versionsmiley2.gif), and 1.3 MJT diesel 75hp, 1.3 MJT diesel 90 hp, 1.6 MJT 120hp.

But why Fiat waited so long to sell in India?

Since 2006!smiley3.gif

hello guiguiswiss  

Coz they have come to know the potential of Indian market............... when the international mkt is declining.. They wanna to make profit from growing Indian car industry.

punto is not new concept for Indian market.......  old wine rejected by foreigners presented to Indians with new packaging

Well as a saying the old wine taste better than the new and is the one to looking forward too.

yes you r right dear,,,,,,, but we have to stop this thinking ...... why we Indians at last *****

when our market is expanding , when we provide a major part of Revenue, when these co' s survive on our pocket........ then we at last.......

m not against fiat , Gm or other brands... but we have to be Original both by nature & by choice......

BTW : punto is a good car & happy to see users knowledge about potential products in market.smiley17.gifsmiley17.gif

Its not Indians in the end list. Infact Fiat has been ensuring the presece of cars in India much before others even dared to. The British had the Ambassador because they were ruling us, but Fiat was the only non british company to give cars to India.

Just for information for lovemycar...Fiat gave Palio to India also, which was its latest launch throughout the world. But we Indians didnt take it well cause we thought in those days that speed & safety was not everything. At the same time other manufacturers gave us models which were either flop or oldaged for their markets hence the technology was transfered to India and we all loved those cars. Now Fiat is giving us world class safety & mileage cars and we still want to complaint.

Its time we stop cribing & think wise for once.

"Now Fiat is giving us world class safety & mileage cars and we still want to complaint."

Every big car maker is offering us world class luxurious & safe cars... but just where, o where, are equally good roads meant for driving these cars?? smiley38.gif

hello guiguiswiss  

Coz they have come to know the potential of Indian market............... when the international mkt is declining.. They wanna to make profit from growing Indian car industry.

punto is not new concept for Indian market.......  old wine rejected by foreigners presented to Indians with new packaging

[/quote']

No, the Grande Punto is a modern car and sells very well here.

It is reliable and economical to purchase and use! I think It is a good car!smiley1.gif

I agree with you guys especially@lovemycar (Bhagat Singh) that fiat is offering us old car but few points to note:

1. Fiat still have an image of old FIAT and padmini in an average Indian mind

2. Fiat India has already burnt their hands in indian market by launching cars like Palio (Power+speed) but in india automobile dynamics are different (people looked for economy and FE on the cost of safet) and maruti sell like hot X buns

3. Fiat introduced sports models in Palio but how many buyers and how many palios you see on indian road.

4.Coming to GP, It could be average car but still selling good in europe, so not very old for indian market...by the way how old is jazz or splash world wide?

by the way...spoke to noida TATA dealer....their training is over last week in Manesar and saw some great pics of GP on his mobile. As per him, they compared GP with Swift VDI and no comparison between them  ......

very true@rssh,,,,Fate of any new car in India is not decided by auto enthusiast like U and me (May be 1% of total BUYERS) but by an average indian buyer who car a damn abt power, speed and safety....and only things he talks abt is OTR price, looks, FE, ASS (economy). This is hard fact and he and thouadnds like him decide success or failure of any car in India.

Fiat India has to play their cards very right this time.....

Exactly the same model which is available here..

The only thing that did not convince me was the rear reverse indicator light, its only one and its on only one side.. bottom left!

I understand this is european style and all that.. but this  makes the rear bumper look somewhat not balanced..

Either way a very beautiful car, hope it has the grunt too!!

Well I think it always looked odd from the rear but front and sides make a good impression to forgive the punto and no beige may not go well with some but its nicer to keep it clean the grey and black afterall doesn't look bad .

The suspension is very good for fiat. I am looking for power gear ratios are good enough or not.

I think looking is not good enough as like i20.....

Success behind on features, price & service...

Faith on FIAT they will wake early and make people confidence...?