vibhor

Fiat Grande Punto spied testing!!

Yes you are right guys ......Punto has reverse-lite on Left side and fog lite on the Right side of the rear bumper (exactly mirror image of European model).

Hay sarash....the car is 30mm-50mm shorter in India, if you look closely....look like Fiat india guys have chiseled off 30-50mm from rear bumber....Can u notice?

Secondly sarash, how is handling of Punto on rough roads (If you have driven any?)

Yes@tunnu, this is one of the most important thing i m looking for.....need good in fact damn good suspension on bad indian roads...

Hay ...some guys crib abt 75bhp in 1.3 FGT-MJD (Multi Jet Diesel) is less but guys I have seen M-800 with only 37Bhp zipping me at 120kmph on high ways...

Yester i was seen punto at dealer place emotion pack.

Looking not good enough as like I20. I felt it is giving impression like old car.

like a getz ( I felt outdated model )

I had book test drive once launch, I have to power / gear ratio in city traffic.

I am looking emotion 1.3 MJD pack arround 6.5L on road price.

i had seen the red colour punto about 3 weeks ago at carter road , looked good and was silent , it was the 1.3 MJD

even the swift diesel is 75 bhp ? is it underpowered ??? fieseta is 68 bhp , in the eng the tourqe matters in a diesel

I recieved this mail from FIAT yesterday.

landing.jpg

Also, some details about 1.3 MJD PUNTO.

POWER = 76 PS ( 1PS MORE THAN OTHERS WITH SAME ENGINE)

TORQUE = 197 NM @ 1750 RPM (MORE TORQUE THAN OTHERS AT LOW RPM)

Now that is a handsome looking car!! Great snaps whoever took those photo's. How many engine options are we getting and variants? Though I know I am asking for too much, but are we gonna get a sports version with 17"ers! :)

Well I think only 3 engine options 1.4lt and 1.2lt petrol and the multijet. I hope Fiat doesn't detune the engine to 77bhp as it (1.4lt ) is available in UK .

@Subzzero I don't think Fiat are that serious of launching a sport models as it may not be a mass model also 17 '' rims is something too big for a small car and not in India even if they launch it.

sharash good job dear, car design is stylish........ & A wide body car..... A lot of space is there,, front & back lights are also charming.........

now we know customer is king....... & will be interesting to see what  the KING Says about this new baby................

hope to see it on roads very soon........

I recieved this mail from FIAT yesterday.Also' date=' some details about 1.3 MJD PUNTO.POWER = 76 PS ( 1PS MORE THAN OTHERS WITH SAME ENGINE)TORQUE = 197 NM @ 1750 RPM (MORE TORQUE THAN OTHERS AT LOW RPM)

[/quote']

Nimesh,

others give 75 bhp, which is equal to 76 PS. 1 PS is just a little less than 1 bhp.

Torque figure looks good

Hay Guys,

I don't know how many of you have watched this "Trampoline advertisement" of Grand Punto (UK).....Simply awsome....penetrating ad...at least I m stumped and watched this ad 5 times...I simply loved it......you guys will love it too....

The prices from team-bhp

1.2 Active Petrol: 4.38 lacs
1.4 Dynamic Petrol: 4.71 lacs
1.4 Dynamic + Petrol: 4.99 lacs
1.4 Emotion Petrol: 5.14 lacs
1.4 Emotion + Petrol: 5.35 lacs
1.3 Active Diesel: 5.05 lacs
1.3 Dynamic Diesel: 5.2 lacs
1.3 Dynamic + Diesel: 5.53 lacs
1.3 Emotion Diesel: 5.75 lacs
1.3 Emotion + Diesel: 5.99 lacs

There is no dynamic + version if diesel emotion + 5.75 it will be good.

should not cross 6.5 L on road price of top end model.

@ Choprava : Thanks for the link to the ad. That is one delicious looking car and a cool ad too!

@ Rssh: Abroad there is a sports two door version of the Punto with 17"ers, I had posted a pic of one in Italy in some thread. Here it is again:

20090615_131542_Fiat_Punto_in_I.jpg
5u3zEr02009-06-15 13:16:03

Thanks@5u3zEr0.......

Hey @rssh.......now way think of OTR price > 7 Lacs.....wait and be ready for the surprises.....rumours are that E+ Diesel car will be priced in the range of 5.5 - 6 lacs (Max).....So I think it will be a steal if OTR of E+ Diesel will be less than 6 Lacs.......and believe me Fiat is known for giving huge discounts and this time Fiat is damn serious with GP launch in India....colours option charts are available with dealers....training of all india dealers is over......

Fiat may kind of trying to repeate their 2005 (European) GP success story in India too.

@choprava no way the E+ of diesel will be below 6 lakhs on road mumbai you will see it tomorrow it will be around 6.5-6.7 lakhs . We should not keep high expectation from any one unless we get the result.

@Tappet you won't believe it I just was about to write it up I was in 63 challenge series with a Punto and it looks great in the game buy it has 2 reverse lamps and a big engine with NOS offcorse . Lets see if it rips off the Hatchback segment or sends Fiat to another decade halt.

Punto is going to turn the hatch segment on it's head if  priced correctly. It can be a great shot in the arm for FIAT India after tasting success with the Linea.

@Subzero: 17" ers on an Indian hatch is plain 'dikhava', which will have occupant's thrown all round. It looks hot, but how will it affect ride comfort?