vibhor

Fiat Grande Punto spied testing!!

I am not convinced about the pricing. It is almost on par with the current 1.2 i20. After the launch of 1.4 petrol and diesel engines in i20 likely to cost 20000 and 40000 more respectively, i dont see many people risking it out for the punto instead opting for hyundai. Prices should have been at the swift level.

People will trust maruti and hyundai more than fiat any day. So fiat has to do something about that

I say that Fiat has lost it in pricing and when it comes to mumbai ex showroom top end diesel will cost 7.5 on road and petrol will be 6.8lakhs . This is 1 lakhs above the swift .

The petrol Active and diesel dynamic seem to be good VFM, it is priced fairly well but the petrol dynamic should have been cheaper by around 15-20 k.

I think it is a very good package and it should do well.

Yup thats where they have gone wrong, especially with the diesel. Some one will have to hate the suzukis or vista to go for punto at that price for the MJD. Or he will have to be a fiat fan and love interior quality.

Also the review at zigwheels claim that suzuki have tuned the engine better than fiat. Waiting for i20 1.4 petrol and diesel.

Design is pretty good, its front gives you the feel that you have to say oooh...but rear is a different story and does not look too good. Also moving of the tail lam cluster up means that there is a wide pillar obstructing your rear view.

On road price in Delhi of 1.4 petrol E+ is about 6 lacs. Will get exact pricing in a day or two.

Also the FE claimed by zigwheels is astonishingly low.

Overall opinion on this car is that its ok.

Waiting for the 1.4 petrol and diesel variants of i20.

@Subzero: 17" ers on an Indian hatch is plain 'dikhava'' date=' which will have occupant's thrown all round. It looks hot, but how will it affect ride comfort?[/quote']

Yes, what you say is true for the current Indian spec Punto or Hatch. But if Fiat India decides to lauch the Punto sports version with 140bhp, then the 17"ers makes sense with all that power. I am not too worried about ride quality, I am still young smiley4.gif!!

hey friends, just read about the FIAT PUNTO.. it has just been launched in delhi... it has gotten me a bit worried though..smiley5.gif

as i went through the technical details of the car i found out that all the Engine spec are same as Linea.. Only thing Punto differ from Punto is just the boot i.e. its length.. now does that means Linea days are over as wholl spend a lakh more for just the boot... ???smiley29.gif

Will this be a LINEA KILLER....

well friends i m not talking about the physical aspect of it.. i m talking techincally.. it has same engine and tech as LINEA.. i know Punto differs LINEA in physical appreances

well friends i m not talking about the physical aspect of it.. i m talking techincally.. it has same engine and tech as LINEA.. i know Punto differs LINEA in physical appreances

If that was so, then why does Dzire sell when Swift is also in the market.

In India, boot matters a lot.

Well Linea is a sedan form of Punto so things are going to be common except for 1.4lt petrol the other engines are different. Considering lineas sales fiat will be happy to reduce it if people are going to buy the punto because atleast consumer are buying their stuff. I just wish linea had a bigger petrol engine to make it suit me.

Hi Nimesh,

Few Quick questions....

1. How are the interiors of GP (Ep+)as compared to punto (E+)

2. How is sound system quality and Blue&Me (Are u happy?)

3. Rear Leg space of punto (everyone cribbing)..

VC

Hi Nimesh' date='

Few Quick questions....

1. How are the interiors of GP (Ep+)as compared to punto (E+)

2. How is sound system quality and Blue&Me (Are u happy?)

3. Rear Leg space of punto (everyone cribbing)..

VC
[/quote']

Please reply above points comparing Punto with Linea.....