vibhor

Fiat Grande Punto spied testing!!

Even if its expensive by 50k or 60k' date=' it has capability to affect Swift and i20's sale..[/quote']

Are we comparing the Diesel GP with the Swift Diesel?

BTW do we have any info on the specs of the Diesel or Petrol GP?

Will Fiat launch the petrol variant first?

I saw the 5 door GP on the UK website.. Really exciting...

tanveer you hav got all your specs wrong. The Grande Punto is being launched to compete with almost all hatch backs in India. It is the latest in technology & lowest in price when launched. This time Fiat is here to not compete, but kill the competition.

Also guyz the Grande Punto is competing with swift(Petrol & diesel), Getz, i20 & Fabia & the likes of all similiar cars. The petrol is the renowned 1.4 FIRE & Diesel is the world famous 1.3. Prices will be below 5 lakhs for both petrol & diesel & top end diesel priced at less than 5.6 lakh. However they will be options of 75 bhp & 90 bhp to choose from.

The features include Blue & ME, ABS, Airbags, Alloys, EBD etc.

Variants choice will also be immence.

Also guyz the Grande Punto is competing with swift(Petrol & diesel)' date=' Getz, i20 & Fabia & the likes of all similiar cars. The petrol is the renowned 1.4 FIRE & Diesel is the world famous 1.3. Prices will be below 5 lakhs for both petrol & diesel & top end diesel priced at less than 5.6 lakh. However they will be options of 75 bhp & 90 bhp to choose from.

The features include Blue & ME, ABS, Airbags, Alloys, EBD etc.

Variants choice will also be immence.
[/quote']

This is too good to be true.... I will now keep a tab on the GP and check out if it will really offer all this.

Devil, it will be really worth while to know the source of your information..

Have been following Fiat from the time grande punto was launched in 2005. See it for yourself after march.

Then please share with us all the info you know about GP. I'm too curious about it, especially after the launch of Linea.

And the power of 1.3 multijet is 75BHP and 85BHP.

The 1.3 will come as 75 bhp & 90 bhp options. The 75 bhp will be there to compete with swift & the likes. And the 90bhp will be a class apart.

Nissmo- you will never regret your decision.

Guyz since I have joined only less than a week ago, I have a question?

Can somebody help me to upload the pic on the upper left hand side of my mesg(just like crazy cat's white cat photo).

The 1.3 comes in 75 BHP and 85 BHP(Linea) only. Mags and websites quote them as 90BHP, which is wrong. Check iat India's website and linea's brochure.

To add Avatar, go to settings(located on top of every page), and add avatar over there.

The swift is less than 75bhp, the same bhp is for the GP as well(apprx-74bhp). The linea diesel is to be exact 85 bhp & petrol is 89 bhp.

The same will be available for both variants of GP diesel(74bhp & 85bhp)

Well, i dont think that GP will be available with 85/90bhp diesel...it will then clash with Linea in all terms such as interiors, features, engine, and to some extent comfort, looks tooo...

i think it will be available with 1.4P and 1.3D 75bhp only...

But it would be good, if they do so. As GP is a premium hatch, it needs a premium engine. The engine in Palio sucks, it is not responsive as Swift. Sometimes it make me think that whether these engines are same or not.

@Blue, We should clearly understand FIAT is here not to compete biut kill the competition. So we indians can expect only the best from them this time. More over GP is a premium hatchback(supermini) so its got to be best. Linea is aimed at only a small segment of people(24,000) whereas GP is aimed at a larger group of people & the competition is severe there.

The engines are the same as Linea including the gear box. If you compare the power & mileage, then yes the GP will end up giving 1-2 km more than the Linea due to weight(all fiat engines have good torque). The interiors are different except for the upper dashboard.

But its a complete different car, different customers and the exterior is one of its kind & there is no single angle in the GP which resembles the Linea.

Well if we are getting even 90nhp engine then its good...I have lots of hopes from Fiat this time..

And the car with alloys looks good..looks like we can see this one within a month or so..

I expect the launch by March max...