vibhor

Fiat Grande Punto spied testing!!

In UK you have Grande Puntos, where you can choose between three petrol engines including the brilliant 120 bhp 1.4 Turbo T-Jet and four 75 to 130 bhp Multijet diesel engines.

@csana both the specs you have given do not exist in the UK.

In UK its 1.4 PETROL DYNAMIC starts with 65bhp(not available in india) and

1.3 JTD DIESEL DYNAMIC starts with 75bhp.(available in india)also available in india will be the dynamic 90 BHP 16V.

The power was supposed to be in "KW" not bhp , sorry for the typho.Yea below seems to be there in UK :

> 1.4 77 bhp

> 1.4 Turbo T-Jet - 120 bhp

> 1.3 MULTIJET 16v - 75 bhp

>1.3 MULTIJET 16v - 90 bhp

Not sure whether all will be available India. My guess is that they will put up the petrol 1.2,65 bhp to get benefit of excise duty

@csnana- only 2 versions of diesel - 75bhp & 90bhp and 1 version of petrol 90bhp will be available in india. If they have enough buyers for the high powered engines then definitely they will release those engines here as well.

The 1.2 petrol will never be used for the Grande Punto as it is an old engine, It is directly coming out with the superb 1.4 FIRE engine, the same used in the Linea.

The i guess only the diesel engine will benefit from excise duty ' date=' not the petrol engines . Which will make Petrol Punto Pricey than diesel[/quote']

What would be the price of the Diesel 90 bhp version??

@ash my guess is 30k-40k more than the 75 bhp' date=' cause the differnece is almost 80k-90k in europe.[/quote']

errrr...Sign%20stupid.gif Whats the price of the 75 bhp??? so i can do the calculations.. add 40 K to it and find out the cost of the 90 bhp...

The 1.4 will not have reduced tax benefits, but as Fiat will have the prices lesser than the competition between 20k-40k, thus the tax will compensate that & they will still be priced below the competition by maybe 10k or the same as other cars in its category.

NEW FIAT GRANDE PUNTO MIGHT SHARE DESIGN CUES WITH BRAVO!

A couple of Brazillian Car blogs have pointed out, and have got information from sources they believe are trustworthy, that the new Fiat Grande Punto will borrow a great deal of design elements from its elder sibling- the Fiat Bravo. Shown here is a rendering of how the future Fiat Punto might look. Clearly, the changes are confined to the front grille and the front bumper.

The design of the front grille and the bumper have been taken from the Bravo and artistically morphed into Grande Punto

Man the original itself will raise eyebrows. This is an amazing car in whatever avatar it may come in....Just cant wait to get my hands on this beauty.

just for info vibhor - the Bravo & the Linea are built on the Grande Punto platform & not vice versa.

The 1.2 petrol will never be used for the Grande Punto as it is an old engine' date=' It is directly coming out with the superb 1.4 FIRE engine, the same used in the Linea.
[/quote']

If the one of linea (1.4 89 bhp) will be used in GP also then why would a person spend 2 lakhs more to buy the Linea petrol when the GP with same features and price can be expected at around 5 lakhs.

The 1.2 petrol will never be used for the Grande Punto as it is an old engine' date=' It is directly coming out with the superb 1.4 FIRE engine, the same used in the Linea.
[/quote']If the one of linea (1.4 89 bhp) will be used in GP also then why would a person spend 2 lakhs more to buy the Linea petrol when the GP with same features and price can be expected at around 5 lakhs.

Because GP is a hatch and Linea is a saloon. This difference matters the most in India.

Hi spearhead!

The grande punto is likely to be lauched by mid this year.

But i won't suggest you to wait for punto, i20 is a very good feature loaded package, its definately worth it.

suggest me a car ppl...

i20' date='swift zxi, ikon duratorq, fiat palio,fabia...or accent executive...

wich one vl b d betr buy

just for d city use...

20kms daily..
[/quote'] For your kind of useage, i would suggest you the Hyundai i20only its really a great car, forget the palio, Aslo, its a segment below.

But if you need space then look for a sedan, like swift dZire or logan, Ford ikon is also nice but its good in diesel only, and i am not suggesting accent as its gettin dated.smiley1.gif
vibhor2009-02-23 10:34:10