vibhor

Fiat Grande Punto spied testing!!

I am planning to buy a new car. Budget is max 6Lacs. Priorities are good drive-ability in city as well as on highways with good interiors and comfort. So far whatever is available in the market SWIFT ZXi looks to be a good option but curious about Grande-punto. Will it suffice my requirements? Is it worth waiting for it? Do you really feel FIAT will be successful this time as Linea doesn't seem to doing well as expected?

@NEW_PASSION

Go for maruti suzuki 800. It's a great car. It has better interiors than swift and punto. Also you will save 3.5 lakhs. Buy it and you will see admiration follow.

Heck why M800. Tata Nano is better. Its cheaper than 4.5 lacs. Has better interiors and it will be getting Airbags too ! Common Nimesh how could you rate M800 above Nano!!

@karanraheja

Because it was not launched. If it would have been then I would have surely recommended it but we don't know whether he wants to buy a car maybe next week itself.

I hope you realised i was sarcastic. Your suggestion for a M800 is surely not gonna be accepted next time. If a person wants to buy a M800 he would nt join this forum to question. Everyone know M800 is great. But common for a person with a budget of 6 lacs you should be lil sensible enough to suggest. I hope you dont make such comments in future.

nimesh mittal, please go through anouncement sections before posting mate, have read same kind of posts by you in other threads too.

karan, do you think jazz or prius would be priced along with i20, i guess they would be priced higher to this car, and for city driven usage i20 is a good choice.

karan' date=' do you think jazz or prius would be priced along with i20, i guess they would be priced higher to this car, and for city driven usage i20 is a good choice.
[/quote']

Pruis?? Buddy thats classes above! I hope you realise Pruis is a hybrid. About pricing of Honda Jazz. Knowing stingy Honda we could only dream of pricing similar to i20. I feel Jazz will carry atleast 20-30k premium over i20. i20 will surely beat Jazz in features dept. But i think Jazz will have better legroom , better 1.2 engine . But what i20 will have going against it will be the soon to to be launched 1.4 CRDI!!! Only launch /price of Jazz and GP will decide how good the i20 actually is.

@ mods--this guy nimesh seems to be posting senseless comments! why dont we throw him out of this forum?

comin back to the topic--the honda jazz will have a premium of alteast 30-40k over the i20! Punto will dominate the premium diesel hatch back segment, while i20 and jazz will fight for the petrol premium hatchback territory.

I dont think 1.2 i-vtec jazz will be prized more than i20 or fabia , only the topend jazz that is 1.4i-vtec with semi-automatic may be prized around the fabia .Still i think top-end jazz will be less than top-end of Fabia

don't keep high expectation from honda jazz .it may be priced higher than even the fabia

I dont think Honda would do that. Im pretty sure Jazz will be priced between i20 and Fabia.  Honda has the City at 8.** OTR for the base version , so i cant think why would they launch Jazz at Fabia levels. Fabia will always rule the most expensive hatch title IMO!!

Sorry for going OT, I heard March 09 ACI issue mentioning GP launch in May-June 09. Fiat common launch it before.

Jazz will definately be a great hatch for india! priced near to the fabia or maybe more! lookin at the trend Honda is adopting!

I have seen the car here.. its really awesome! and runs good too!! 

I can see the interior quality level when you match it with the current city then Fabia might rule it over quality .I think if one is up for buying fabia he has the obvious choice wait till may when vw gets its new factory then the Fabia price will come down but then Jazz will be a month away launch and you will end up waiting for Jazz also I think i20 quality is at par with i10 level but the level should have grown as it is a segment higher but we expect more and hence interiors are not liked . I have heard that Palio with new dashboard is coming next week.

During Xenon launch Tata Fiat alliance said it has plans to launch 5 more cars this year Nano, Grande Punto, another vehicle which will be a cross between an SUV and MPV, a new Indigo and a yet-to-be-named Fiat car. I dont think any mention of palio has been done. New palio which currently on sale in brazil will  be launched in 2010http://www.topnews.in/tata-motors-plans-five-launches-next-fiscal-2131457rahul18102009-02-28 05:34:37