vibhor

Fiat Grande Punto spied testing!!

I received the following reply from CEO corner.

Yes Nimesh,

We

do have plans for the Palio as well and we would be going ahead with

that implantation shortly. We are thinking of giving a new look to the

Palio.

Regards,

Rajeev

Kapoor

Facelifted Grande Punto blows its cover

Refreshed Focus rival spied testing, before catching fire!

car_photo_302384_7.jpg

Auto Express Car Reviews

By Jamie Fretwell

20th February 2009

There's nothing to unusual about this spy shot of the facelifted Fiat Grande Punto. it shows a refreshed front end and revised set of headlights, but the rear remains untouched. However, within hours of this shot being taken the prototype had literally blown its cover!

Bystanders could do nothing when it spectacularly caught fire. Firefighters came to tackle the blaze, and whilst no-one was hurt, the incident certainly drew attention to the modified hatch. There are no details as to how the fire started.

An all-new Grande Punto is not expected to go on sale until 2012, with this facelifted model hitting showroom next year. Don't expect flame decals as standard though...
car_photo_302383_25.jpg

Grande Punto "too" hot to handle!!!

Some spy pics from Ranjangaon factory:

dsc01570r.jpg

dsc01571f.jpg

Now the INTERESTING PART:

dsc015702.jpg

Notice the circles I have marked.

1) On the fuel lid, it's written PETROL

2) On the rear windshield, it's written 1.2

nice pics nimesh. looks like they are goin for the excise benefit. But i do hope they launch it with 1.4 FIRE also. 1.2 to compete with swift price rnge and 1.4 to compete with the jazz price range

Looks like the base version. No alloys and the door handles.

rahul18102009-03-03 11:05:51

Great Pic's Nimesh, GP is a heavy car being European and a weedy 1.2 engine in this car will not do. I think it'll be the same as the Safire petrol in the Vista. Any idea what the bhp and torque figure's are. Hope they tweak it, if Honda can extract 90 bhp from a 1.2 so can other's, or can they? The Jazz may steal a clean March over other's; mark my word's. Jazz is the one to drop the bomb in the premium hatch territory. Fabia's, i20's and GP's run for cover.

Yes jazz will in a very high probalbility be superior than these cars. But the main point is that Honda is not known for pricing their cars competitively.

In India cars are status symbol. A personwho will be thinking of spending 7 lakhs on a car would think twice before putting his money on a hatchback however good it might be. He will just think that why shouldnt i just buy a fiesta or a linea or a SX4.

So unless honda prices its car competitively i dont think it will have many buyers because the competition is not only with premium hatchs but also with sedans.

Yes jazz will in a very high probalbility be superior than these cars. But the main point is that Honda is not known for pricing their cars competitively.

In India cars are status symbol. A personwho will be thinking of spending 7 lakhs on a car would think twice before putting his money on a hatchback however good it might be. He will just think that why shouldnt i just buy a fiesta or a linea or a SX4.

So unless honda prices its car competitively i dont think it will have many buyers because the competition is not only with premium hatchs but also with sedans.

Only time will tell if a loaded hatchback with decent power at 7 lacs will sell.

I  think these hatchbacks have a great potent in our market. I was just thinking Hyundai isnt gonna upgrade its Accent, if it does i20 wont sell. MSIL is selling

Dzire at 1 lac over Swift.

Further lets not expect Honda to price it competitively. Jazz is as spacious as City , good boot space. But im not liking that Manufacturers are offering only 1.2 petrol ( Fabia, i20 ) for premium hatchbacks, 1.2 obviously to avail tax benefits . I guess if they dont give engine options they dont deserve the premium frankly. To me GP looks like a winner already. I have great expectations from GP!

OMG!!

that punto is really a hot hatch! smiley36.gif

but again' date=' the driver might be wanting to impress its fellow italian friends(Ferrari)!
[/quote']

thats a good onesmiley36.gif

Well 1.2 will again be underpowered as Vista already is underpowered so what will happen to heavier GP...And though the car is ready but Fiat will launch this one in June as they want to wait for atleast 6months to launch Punto from Linea's launch

Some more pics of GP in India (no test mule) with interiors:

dsc00845pu1.jpg

dsc00844il7.jpg

dsc00797en5.jpg

INTERIORS

There is a bit of a difference between the interiors of the Linea and GP. The top portion of the dashboard above the instrument cluster extends all the way to the top of the a/c vents in the Linea (similar to the Palio actually), whereas the same is missing in the GP. Plus, the small storage area above the a/c vents for keeping the idol/phone etc in the Linea is missing in the GP. The dials in the instrument cluster are different as well.